chapter twenty-six.

| camila |

"So is that all?" Nyah asked as she shut the file I gave her and I nodded.

Things have still been really awkward since the whole dropping my new relationship thing on her.

I genuinely didn't think she would overreact because it really wasn't that big of a deal. But from the way it sounded that day, she was a lot angrier at Kane than at me.

I had no idea that he was helping her in the way that he did, or that she considered him a really close friend. I mean he was there almost every day so I don't know why he didn't tell her because from what I can remember, he had no problem with her finding out....

flashback.

"Mmm, baby?" I mumbled as I leaned into his touch and my stomach fluttered as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I feel bad for not telling her," I whined and he sighed.

"Then tell her," He urged as I rested my head on his shoulder and I felt his arms wrap around me.

"You think she'll freak out?" He mumbled and I sighed as I breathed in his enticing scent.

"She wouldn't. She'd understand. Right?" I asked uncertainly and I pulled away and sat upon his lap as I tied my hair back.

He stared at me with his cute face and I smiled. "She probably would, but do you wanna keep it on the down-low for a bit longer?" He asked softly as his hands slowly moved around my hips.

"What was I thinking? Of course, we shouldn't tell her!" I realised as I climbed off his lap and paced around my bedroom.

"Cam, calm down. We don't gotta tell her if you don't want to." He groaned and I stopped pacing.

"If she finds out we kept this from her..." I started and he stood up and shook his head.

"She won't find out," He assured and brought me in for a hug.

"You finally went back to the gym?" I teased as I placed my hands against his naked chest and he laughed as he picked me up and I held onto his shoulders for support.

"I don't know what you're tryna say cause I'm always at the gym." He smirked and I kissed him softly.

"I know, I was just messing with you." I laughed.

end flashback.

I sighed deeply as I pushed my hair out of my face and unlocked my car.

I climbed in and placed my head against the steering wheel. The passenger seat opened and I screamed as I lifted my head and took a deep breath as Nyah peered at me with the strangest look.

"You look like you're about to have an anxiety attack." She muttered and I opened one of the compartments and grabbed a hair clip.

I quickly wrapped my hair in a bun and fastened the clip before leaning back on my chair with my arms folded.

"Nyah, you know I have work to do, what do you want?" I asked with an exasperated sigh.

"Stop making this harder for me," She grunted and I scoffed. "I know you wanted me to tell you, but you yelled at me for literally no reason," I argued.

"I was upset." She countered.

"You threw a chair at me."

"It was only to get you to leave the room."

"Your boyfriend threatened me! You would really go as far as forcing him to attack me too?" I asked as I looked straight ahead.

"I don't even know what you're talking about," She said and I can tell she was telling the truth.

"What did he say to you?" She asked and I turned my head slowly to look at her. "I need you to get out of my car," I warned.

"I'm trying to help you-"

"You can't help me cause I'm already helping you! The only reason I'm here is to help you! And your boyfriend! Your problems are waiting for me at my house so please, get the hell out." I shouted and she got out without another word and shut the door.

I watched her go into her car and speed out of the driveway.

I cursed loudly as I switched on my engine and drove out onto the main road.

| nyah |

I parked my car right outside the door and slammed the front door as I entered. Kane dropped the plate he was holding at the impact of the door. It smashed into pieces on my floor.

"Where is he?!" I yelled and he pointed towards his separate office.

"And clean that up." I pointed to the pieces on the floor as I swung the door open and he was already waiting.

"I thought you weren't coming until tomorrow," He said and I pointed to his seat, and he held his hands in surrender as he sat down.

"So, wanna explain why my lovely girlfriend stormed into our house that she chose to leave?" He asked.

"To find out why my "unproblematic" boyfriend decided to threaten my best friend without my knowledge," I answered with my hands on his desk.

"She told you about that?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"What did you say to her?"

"I honestly don't remember," He asked casually with a shrug. "Why didn't she just tell you what I said?" He folded his arms and I took a step back as I tried to contain myself.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked.

He shrugged as he said, "I simply reminded her how much I care for you and the lengths I would go to protect you from people who hurt you. That's not a bad thing."

My eyes widened. "You threatened her life?" I asked and he groaned. "Of course, I didn't say I would kill her. Why would I say that?" He asked.

"Because that's what you wanted her to think!" I screamed and he stood up. "Watch your tone." He warned and I folded my arms.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me to protect me from myself?" I shot back and he tried to take my hand but I moved away. I shook my head in disgust and walked out of the room and out of the house.

I'm not even sure if I'm gonna come back here tomorrow.

𝗮𝗻: 𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮'𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗮 𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝗳𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀.