chapter twenty-seven.

| nyah |

I watched as my phone rang again next to me and I rolled over onto my back on the mattress. My stepmother wasn't lying when she said she'd turn my room into her own dressing room.

The line went dead and soon rang again.

I answered the phone as I stood up and paced around the room.

"Nyah, where the hell are you? Everyone's getting ready for tonight." Serena asked in a panicked voice.

I know tonight is her big night and I wanna be there for the opening but I just don't know.

My relationships with people I care about are very unstable right now and I can't go to a club and force myself to be happy.

"Sorry I've been spending time with my dad." I lied.

I haven't left this room since I got back last night.

"Okay then, are you showing up with us or..." She asked and I thought for a long while.

"I'll come later." I answered and ended the call.

"Knock knock" My dad called out and I looked up at him.

"Hey, I'm gonna head back home today." I said as I started packing the few pieces of clothing that I brought with me.

"You don't really have to leave straight away do you?" He asked as he leaned against the door frame with his arms folded.

"I actually do this time. This doesn't count as me leaving just so we don't have to talk about my feelings." I added as I zipped up my bag.

"Well no, of course not. But you did run away from your own home cause you got into a disagreement." He pointed and I stopped.

"Why would you think that? I came to spend time with you." I laughed and he didn't react.

"Nyah, you never visit unless you're running away from something else." He said honestly as I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Okay, so let's say that is the case," I suggested as I waved my hand around.

"It's just more easier for me to run away and then come back when I feel like it." I shrugged as I tried to walk past him but he stopped me.

"Not if you're letting them down in the process. I hear you're meant to be with your friends right now, and you lied to them?" He asked with his eyebrow raised.

"You should really stop evesdropping. I'm an adult now." I muttered and he shrugged.

"What makes you think I care?" He scoffed as he walked away and headed back to his room.

"I'll call you tomorrow!" I shouted as I headed out of the house and shut the door behind me.

I need to go to a nail salon and get ready without anyone seeing me.

I climbed into my car and lifted up the hood up as I started the engine. I checked instagram and pressed a few stories.

"Come on, where are you?" I muttered to myself as I opened someone's story and a video with Serena, Jordan and Riley appeared with a location.

"Got it." I smiled and sped out of the driveway.

I won't catch Vanessa anywhere because she likes to do her nails at home. She only ever left her house to be with us, if we're being honest.

I went to a small nail salon on the other side of town and got a simple set as I contemplated which dress to wear. Serena kept ringing me and River called me too a few times but I just need the day to myself.