29. Rays Of Sunshine

I woke up due to the light shining on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and massaged my head because it hurts so bad. What the fuck did I do last night? Where am I? I looked around and noticed that it was Annie's room. Shit, how did I drive here. I closed my eyes to recall what happened last night.

"Damn you, Jaeger." I said. He looked at me with confusion. He was about to start driving but his attention is on me because of what I said. I covered my face with my palm and cried. He sat still and stayed silent. "Why did you show up after ten years?" I cried.

"Do you know that it's so hard to not feel regret when I saw you again? Why do you have to show up? Hmm? Why?" I asked as if he will answer me.

"I just want to forget you." When I said that I looked at him. I noticed that his grip on.the steering wheel is so tight and his jaw clenched. "I just want to forget you. I just want to look at things without them suddenly reminding me of you. There are a lot of better men out there but you are just on top for me. How is this world so unfair? If people can move on, I can too. But it has been ten years. Ten fucking years and it's still you."

"I just wish to not wish for you again." I told him as my tears continue to fall. His face softened. He took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders. I avoided his gaze and looked outside as he started to drive.

"Sleep. I will just wake you up if we are at Annie's already. You need rest." He said in his usual cold tone before increasing his pace on driving. I sniffed and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep on the car.

Shit. I said that? How?

The door slightly creaked as it opened. Annie is there, standing while holding a tray of water, breakfast, and medicine. I sat up and stretched my body. I took a deep breath. I want to cry for what I said last night and for my headache. Shit. No. No. No. I am such a mess. Annie placed the tray on the nightstand and sat on the bed, beside me.

"How are you? Have you talked to Eren already?" She smirked and caressed my head.

"It's a mess. That is so embarrassing! I literally cried in front of him and told him all of my thoughts. It's just a shame. It's very very very embarrassing." I complained and covered my face with my palm. She held my chin and made me look at her.

"Then talk to him when you are sober. You can't just run away always and avoid that topic." She said and smiled genuinely. "You know that, right?" She asked and I nodded.

"I really regret it, tho. I regret breaking up with him. I feel like I am selfish but I don't want or I don't know how to admit it. I regret leaving him." I said and looked down.

"That is the reason why I keep on pushing you to talk to him. Mikasa, I want you to wipe away your regrets. I want you to live without guilt. Talk to him. Mend your broken past. It's either you choose to forget him completely, or you come back to him, I will support you." She said and removed her hand on my hair. "Let's call Historia for a drink." I was about to complain but she shushed me and called Historia.

What? I am just recovering from a hangover.

______

"Why aren't you drinking, Mikasa?" Historia asked. "It's just wine, it will not hurt." She smirked and gave me a glass of wine.

"I drank a lot yesterday night. I don't want to get drunk again, it's embarrassing." I answered and declined the wine. She laughed and nodded her head slowly.