07. Simplicity

I took out a black hoodie and black sweatpants from my drawer and decided to wear them. I want to look casual but still attractive. I brushed my hair that reached above my shoulders and smiled widely at the mirror. It's already 6:58PM and my heart is all giddy and excited. It feels like it would bulge out of my chest! I couldn't feel any more excited. It's a first time that a guy will take me out to dinner.

I heard a beeping sound from outside so I turned off all the working electricity in my house and went outside. And stood there is Eren Jaeger, riding his motorcycle with his helmet on. I can clearly recognize him because of his masculine figure.

I took my white sneakers and wore them quickly. I didn't bother to bring my phone with me because I won't be needing it anyway. I locked the door and walked near him.

He didn't take off his helmet but he gave me a helmet that is the same as the one he is wearing right now. I observed his outfit and saw that we are almost matching if only he wore white sneakers too. Wow! What a destruction he is! I rode the motorcycle and never bothered to hold anywhere. I am an Ackerman I‐---

"Slowly!" I shouted when the motorcycle just moved on a quick pace, which made me hug him tight. Or maybe the speed doesn't have anything to do with it? Hmm, no. I heard him laugh slightly and continued to drive. I leaned my head on his back and held his torso tight in my arms.

"Damn, loosen your grip woman. I won't be able to breathe or drive properly. I will catch you if you ever fall don't panic." I know he is smirking. By his voice and remarks, he is smirking! He is freaking smirking.

"Just drive carefully. Do you even have license?" I confronted him and rolled my eyes. I want to hit him so bad right now but he might lose his balance and then we both fall. I don't want any wounds right now.

"Of course, Mikasa! I am eighteen!" He said. So he just got his license and needs more practicing. Where did he even get this motorcycle? Why would he show up with this thing all of a sudden?

Everything is so modern now. Cars, motorcycles, cellphones, outfits, and everything. Everything just seems so different than before. Everything feels new. Like the way I feel right now that I am holding onto his waist tightly like my life depends on him. It is such a foreign feeling that I cannot explain. It's ineffable.

"Oh a Chinese restaurant. Do you want to eat there?" He asked. I didn't know there is such a cuisine here! Am I that ignorant? I wanted to freaking roll my eyes at myself but since I can't I just cursed myself deep inside.

"Sure. As long as it's your treat, Eren." I said softly. Because I honestly don't know what to say. Should I say 'omg, Chinese is my favorite!' or 'nah, I don't like such food' or maybe 'I honestly fucking don't know because I am such an ignorant person in this world' is that the correct one?

We wanted to eat dine-in but it was already full inside. The take-out line will take us about an hour or two before we get to order. So we have no other choice but..drive-thru.

We both ordered Dumplings and Chow Mein. The familiar taste reminded me of something, or someone. Right! Daddy used to buy Chinese food for the three of us so we could eat dinner together. I smiled at the memory but a wave of pain interrupted it. And that wave of pain was interrupted by him, whose name is Eren Jaeger.

"Well, how is it?" He asked.

"It's perfect." I smiled and continued eating. I saw him watch me for the slightest bit of second and then he continued devouring his meal. We are here right now in the silent parking lot of the Chinese restaurant where most vehicles that are parked, are motorcycles. The two of us sitting on the cold cement, enjoying the serene night in this place. There are no other people here in the parking lot which means we can do anything. Dance, laugh, everything.

"Isn't school so tiring?" He laughed at his own question and the laugh suddenly turned into a deep sigh.

"Of course it is. But this is our chance to prove that we are more than what people think, Eren. So we should continue on studying until everything is settled." I smiled at him. Everything about school is stressing and would literally take out the ounce of sanity in me. But I have to work hard because that is also what my parents want for me.

"You are right, tho. Are you done eating?" He asked. I nodded and drank from the water bottle he bought for me while he bought some unhealthy beverage for him.

"You want some water?" I asked him. He looked at me, wide-eyed and took the bottle of water from my hold and drank from it. He looks satisfied when he drank water. He stood up in front of me and offered his hands. I looked up at him, confused.

"Let's dance." He said and smiled.

"What? There is no music, Eren." I laughed at him. He then took out a small bluetooth speaker from the opened compartment of his motorcycle and his phone, he even took a quick picture of us two. A lively music started playing and so I took his hand and danced with him happily through the rhythm.

We laughed and danced as a series of lively music played from Eren's speakers. But the vibe was cut off by an old, solemn love song. He looked into my eyes as I looked into his green orbs, trying to read his mind. But I can't. He is too hard to read.

He pulled me closer and hugged me tight. I hugged him back and placed my head on his chest, the perfect location to hear his beating heart. That pleasing sound. His heartbeat is fast. And as I lean my head on his chest, he leaned his head on top of mine as we both danced to the slow love song.

"I look so simple right now." I said and slightly looked down.

"Simplicity is beauty." He said.

"That's too old, Jaeger." I smirked. I felt him smile and heard a slight chuckle from him. The chuckle that I was so used to hearing.

"You are simplicity, Mikasa." He suddenly said like how sudden his heartbeat became so quick-paced like he is running on a marathon or trying to catch a thief. Like how mine is right now....

And that time..I wondered, Am I the cause of the pace of his beating heart?

____________________________________________________________________________

Never think that you were never enough, because you are more than what the world deserves.

Love,
Y.M Jaeger♡