17. I Want It That Way

"You look so tired after arranging your applications in three different schools. Mika, I think you should rest." Eren suggested and placed his hand on his screen as if he could really touch me through video call.

"Well, this is for the future. If I pass then it'll benefit me. Quality education, credentials, and everything. This will be a big help to me, Eren. So I think all of my exhaustion is worth it." I smiled and continued on arranging my papers that I will pass to Thorngrace College and also Xavier.

"If you come home here, go directly to my small cottage okay? Or should I pick you up at the station?" He asked. He wanted me to go straight to his small cottage so we could spend a lot of time together.

Yeah, he is already back at the Maria Province just yesterday. I sighed and thought about whether I should let him pick me up or I should just let him stay at the small cottage and wait for me? I think the second one is better.

"Don't pick me up. You just have to stay at your cottage and wait for me there. By the way, it's your birthday today. What are you planning, Eren?" I asked him. His face turned into a slight frown. His disappointment is visible in his face.

"Well, Mikasa. How about I just go there? Stohess? Is it a good idea? I just miss you a lot. Like super lot." He said and I chuckled. He exerts too much effort just to make me happy. If he goes here then it is in favor of me, not him and I am not the one whose birthday it is today.

"I don't think it's a good idea---", I was cut off by a loud knock at the hotel door, "---wait for me I will just open the door." He nodded so I stood up and opened the door. Eren...

"Wait, let me just end that video call." When he has ended the video call, he hugged me. I hugged him back and tighter than how he is holding me. Gosh, I missed his presence. The scent of his strong perfume and the warmth of his body. I missed him. So much. I grabbed his collar and leaned in for a kiss which he gladly gave back. He returned the kiss with the same level of thirst I have for him, his is even wilder. He grabbed me by my waist to pull me closer to him, then he suddenly stopped and hugged me before placing his head on top of mine.

"Happy birthday." I greeted him. He kissed the top of my head and slightly played with my hair. "I thought you were already back at the province? I should've prepared something for you. Are you tired?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I was at Ehrmich applying at Cranian so it is really near. Since I was the one who helped you book your hotel room, I knew where you were staying at the moment. You know that I just can't say no to your little puppy face." He said and released me from the hug to pinch my cheeks then chuckled.

"I never said I wanted you to come here." I lowered my voice. Although it was really visible in my face that I want him to be here with me in Stohess. I wanted him to go here and make some effort and spend money for train tickets. Yeah that is how selfish and clingy I am. But at the other side, I want him to think about himself.

"Your face and tone says it all. When I asked you yesterday if I should come here you ended the call and called me again after thirty minutes just to say 'no, I think you should rest', with your sad eyes and pout. How can I say no to that? How can I say no to you?" He said before holding my hand and kissing it.

I feel my tears threatening to fall but no, I won't let them fall.

"I love you." He said and that's when a tear fell from my eyes. He wiped them and kissed my forehead. Why is he like that? Why does he have to make me cry? Damn you, Jaeger. I laughed because I realize how pathetic I am to cry over a simple 'I love you'.

"So let's make up for the time we lost? But I have to go to Xavier first. Are you gonna accompany me to Xavier? Hmm?" I asked him.

"Yes, wherever you go. And I will take you somewhere before I go back to Ehrmich." My lips dropped into a sad curve. He is going back to Ehrmich later. Is he torturing me or something by coming here just to leave when night comes? Am I being too clingy or is it because I am new in this thing? Or maybe I am just used to his presence.