04. Angel In Disguise

A/N : Thank you guys so much! We reached double milestones today!♡

tw || hate speech

tw || hate speech

School. The worst part of my life.

I felt everyone stare at me. I am always an outcast here. No one had the guts and bravery to approach me. Except Sasha.

"Her parents were killed. That was the famous case three years ago." I heard their every murmurs about my parents' death. I just hate it. Why do they have to talk about it so publicly?

"Yeah, I heard she stabbed and killed one. Who knows? Maybe she is really the one who killed them?" I clenched my fists with what I heard. How can I kill my pregnant mother? How can I kill my loving father? They are the only ones I have!

"She is scary. And crazy!" They said and looked at me with disgust as I walk along the hallway.

"Mikasa!" A girl suddenly approached me. She has a big smile on her face. She has the brightest smile a girl could ever give.

"S..Sasha. Why would you approach me? Don't you think that I am crazy and scary as they say?" A lone tear fell on my cheek.

"Hey, you are not. You can never kill your parents. And you stabbed the guy for self defense. I am proud of you, you know? So cheer up, girly. We are gonna be seatmates forever." She said and clinged on my arm like a koala bear.

She was not scared despite of all the things they call me. Crazy, maniac, parent-killer, murderer, unappreciative, monster, they called me every bad names you can ever call someone. But Sasha didn't bother. She is such an angel.

Today, she didn't come to school. Everyone was silent. I don't know why. And me? I just sat on my usual spot and looked at the empty chair beside me. Where is Sasha? What happened to her?

I took my phone out of my bag and dialed Sasha's number but it's out of reach. I dialed it a lot of times. Lots and lots of times but nobody answered so I just ignored it. And yeah, maybe she was too tired from her work yesterday so she wasn't able to come to school today.

I just listened to our teacher's discussion while still waiting for Sasha to arrive. Lunch, PE, Biology, every subject, I waited for her but there were no traces of Sasha Braus.

I sat on a bench, and to my surprise, rain started pouring. I smiled bitterly and looked down. I can't believe I am letting myself get wet in the rain when I am too lazy to do my laundry.

In just seconds, the rain stopped and it didn't even wet me entirely. Wait, if the rain stopped why can I still hear the sounds of it? I looked up and saw a black umbrella covering me. I am sure it's a guy. And his uniform, he is not from Averdien Highschool so he is not my schoolmate. His uniform is red, ours is black. He is from Thorngrace Highschool.

"You shouldn't let yourself get wet by the rain. Or else, you will be sick." Eren?! He studies in Thorngrace? Wow!

"I didn't know you can appear whenever I am in deep misery." He showed up when I was walking alone, he showed up when I am scolded by Manager Braun, and now he showed up when I was about to get damped real bad by the rain.

"Instincts. Afterall, we are friends." He said. I rolled my eyes at his statement. So he considers me a friend after just days of meeting each other? Well, I consider him one too.

"You are always an angel in disguise. Eren, you always show up whenever I look like I was dumped by an asshole and scolded by my teacher in front of thousands of people. Sometimes I wonder if we were twins." I said and smirked.

"Maybe we were meant to be twins. Or we are indeed twins we were just separated by birth." He laughed.

"How clichè and chaotic do you want your life to be? It's already too dramatic and now you are adding more spice to it." I laughed with him.

"So you are from Averdien." So he noticed my uniform like how I noticed his.

"Yeah. And you are from Thorngrace. I will always remember how Sasha Braus defeated your schoolmate Mina Carolina in a National Quiz Bee last year where our schools are rivals and we won." I bragged about how smart Sasha is.

"So Sasha Braus is the one you are talking about? You friend who likes potatoes?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, she is smart and beautiful isn't she? She is the brightest. I am so proud of her you know?" I smiled at the thought of Sasha.

"Yes she is. I think it's time to go home, Mikasa. Are you going to work today?" He asked.

"Yes. Uhm, would you walk me to work instead of my house?" I asked. I should be ashamed but who the hell cares?

"Sure." He said.

While walking to my workplace, we talked about a lot of things. About our school, how terror his biology teacher is, our dreams, plans, and more.

"My Mom? She knows when I lie. My ears would be color red whenever I tell something that isn't true and she will make it redder because she will pinch it hard until I beg her to stop." He laughed at the memory of his mother.

"Well, my mother is pregnant when she was murdered by men. I was so excited for her to give birth. She even knitted matching beanies for the baby and I so we could match. But she was killed even before she gave birth." I flashed a sad smile.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Well, my Mom was murdered and I was watching that time. She hid me on the closet, she is selfish you know? She hid me in a closet where I can see how cruel they are to her." He looked down.

"I can't believe we are sharing our deepest and darkest secrets right now." We stopped walking when we realized we are already in front of my work place.

"Thanks for walking with me to my workplace. I appreciate your kindness, Eren Jaeger." I smiled and bowed down.

"No problem, Mikasa Ackerman." He said and waved his hands before I turned my back at him and went inside the cafè to work. Why does he have to watch me turn my back on him every single time? Is it required?

At this time, Sasha would be here just to pass by and also for a little chit-chat. But it's different today, she is not here. I can't believe it.

"Mikasa, Manager Braun said it's your off today. He thought you should rest. So go on and take the oppurtunity." Historia said and smiled at me.

"Wow he is suddenly being kind." I shrugged my shoulders and opened the cafè door. And Eren was there, waiting for me.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"You don't have an umbrella, Mikasa." He smiled at me. I went under the umbrella with him. How could he stay there in the rain just to wait for me because I don't have an umbrella? Is he crazy?

"Why are you here?" He asked back.

"Day off today. I thought I have work today but my manager gave me a break. So it is rest day. Let's go somewhere." I suggested.

"Where?" He asked.

"You'll see, Eren."

____________________________________________________________________________

Don't be scared to somehow feel weak sometimes, but don't forget to always stand back up and keep on fighting.

Your Lady Author,
Y.M Jaeger♡