Chapter 53: Hype Man

Start from the beginning

"Banner, you wanna take this one?" Tony asked, keeping his eyes locked in the approaching monster.

"No, not really. But when do I ever get what I want?" Bruce asked rhetorically, proceeding to try switch with Hulk. His neck turned green, while nothing else did.

"It's been a while. It's gonna be good to have you back, buddy." Tony said, earning a shush from Bruce as he kept trying to go Hulk. You turned to look at Bruce, seeing he was having trouble and getting a little confused.

"Bruce, what's wrong?" You asked him in a hushed tone, making him motion to you that he was fine.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I just need to concentrate." Bruce kept straining as he tried to force Hulk out, still having no luck.

"Where's the beast?" Loki questioned, stepping forward and creating two knives in his hands. Banner groaned in a pressured tone, finally giving up as he couldn't get Hulk to switch. Strange looked over in sheer confusion, making Tony feel awkward.

"Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards." Tony told him, eliciting a multitude of apologies from Bruce, telling the Iron Man that he was having no luck in getting Hulk to help. It was weird to you. After all, you'd held conversations with Hulk not too long ago.

"I-I can't. Tony, I can't get him to- he won't-." Bruce stammered. Tony calmed him, moving him back and asking for Wong to watch him. By now Cull started running, and Tony finally decided to do something useful.

"Tony... are you taking this or am I?" You looked at him nervously, and he stepped forward. He tapped the reactor on his chest, activating his nano tech and causing his suit to form around his body. You had to admit that it looked badass.

Tony removed his glasses just as his mask formed and Cull moved to swing down at him. He created a shield on his arm which blocked the attack, then punched the much bigger creature back. Four arcs of metal ejected from the back of his suit, moving to float at either side of him. As he charged a blast, so did the arcs, unleashing an incredibly strong beam of energy that was enough to send Cull flying back towards Maw.

Instinctively, Maw swung his hand and caused Cull to crash into a car rather than him. Responding with his own attack, Maw sent Tony hurtling into the sky, then began tossing trees forward.

While Wong blocked the attacks, you turned to face Bruce.

"Bruce, you're gonna get hurt if you stay here." You snapped your fingers, opening a portal directly below Bruce and sending him to a nearby park so he wouldn't get injured.

Loki jumped off of a nearby taxi, leaping towards Maw and throwing his daggers down at him. Both of the weapons were knocked into a building by Maw, before he decided to throw the God back and into a streetlight.

Maw then threw a car towards Strange and Wong, to which your retaliated by crushing the vehicle down into a ball, throwing it down onto the ground.

Tony flew back over you all, dodging pieces of concrete as they were flung at him. He aimed to go after Maw, but before he could even reach the man, he was hit by Cull's weapon as it extended, catching his entire body and sending him flying away from the streets towards the park.

Cull proceeded to run through a building to follow after Tony, making you narrow your eyes and follow him. Loki rushed back to Strange and Wong, deflecting a mass amount of stone bricks using daggers.

"You got anything better than just knives to throw?" Strange joked as he blocked the rest of the bricks that were thrown.

"Have you got anything better than those shields?" Loki glanced at him with a smug expression.