chapter 19 - anger

As weeks passed, the second task was coming faster than Katerina could realize. Many nights she sat in her room alone, staring at the golden egg.

Katerina has changed a lot since the "incident" as she likes to call it.

The first stage of grieving, denial.

Katerina however was in the second, Anger.

She walked around Hogwarts keeping to herself with an empty expression. There were times where she would lash out at the smallest inconvenience. Making everyone too afraid to approach her.

Katerina did not care.

All she wanted was to be alone.

-

Ginny walked into the common room, seeing Katerina sitting on the couch. She was alone holding a small box.

"What do you got there, Kathy?" Ginny plopped beside her, glancing at the box.

"A box." Katerina said simply, holding it tighter.

"Obviously." Ginny chuckled, "What's inside?" Ginny questioned.

"Photos and letters." Katerina answered, looking at Ginny.

"Of George?" Ginny tilted her head,

"Do not speak of that cockwomble." Katerina muttered dully.

"That's my brother that you're talking about." Ginny couldn't help but smile as Katerina's seemed unconcerned of that fact.

"Gin, I could really care less." Katerina straightened her lips.

"What are you doing with that box anyway?" Ginny changed the subject quickly.

"I'm trying to work up the courage to burn it." Katerina sighed.

"What? Why would you want to do that?" Ginny raised her eyebrow, slightly worried.

"Why do you think? It's not like I'll need them." Katerina shrugged nonchalantly.

"Memories aren't something you should just throw away." Ginny frowned.

"Why? That's what he did." Katerina mumbled.

"You're hurt. And you're just angry about it. You're not thinking clearly." Ginny grabbed Katerina's hand.

"But I am. I don't care if he's with someone else. I just want it all to be gone. All of it." Katerina's eyes glistened as a lump formed in her throat, "I don't want it anymore."

"Kat, let me take the box. I can put it in my room and keep it for you. I won't look at it or do anything with it. Whenever you want it back, it will be with me." Ginny squeezed Katerina's hand. Katerina hesitated. Ginny slowly reached for the box. Katerina allowed her to hold it in her lap.

"I don't know what to do, Ginny." Katerina's voice was shaky and soft.

"I know." Ginny clenched the box tightly. "You'll know soon enough." Katerina looked down at her hands.

"Do you think he's happy?" Katerina questioned,

"Yes, I think he is."

+++

George exhaled deeply as Victoria collapsed beside him. Their nude bodies touched each other.

"That was amazing." Victoria puffed, lying her head on his chest.

"Yeah.. it really was." George stared at the ceiling.

"Did you..." Victoria questioned,

"Mhmm." George hummed.