chapter 16 - the yule ball pt.2

the yule ball

Katerina and Fred walked into the gorgeous white ballroom, amazed by the decorations. Both their hearts beat out of their chest as everyone watched the champions and their date enter. Everyone clapped loudly and cheered as Katerina and Fred smiled widely. Fred led Katerina to their spot, where they waited for the music to begin.

"Ready?" Katerina smiled.

"Of course." Fred nodded, not being entirely honest. Fred held Katerina's waist as he watched all the others do the same.

As the music began to play, Fred smiled leading Katerina into the dance. They switched hands carefully before Fred pulled Katerina towards him, spinning her in the air.

George watched from afar, with his arms crossed. George glanced at Victoria who watched Katerina as well. Victoria looked stunning, there was no denying that. But she did not glow or beam perfection.

Katerina glanced at George, who seemingly already had his eyes on her. Katerina quickly focused her attention back at Fred, who had made a joke.

Others began joining along, one by one.

Victoria looked up at George, waiting to see if he'd notice her and ask her to dance. But George stared into the crowd, not saying a word.

Suddenly the tempo of the music started to change, causing the real party to begin.

+++

Hermione pulled Katerina closer to her as the flash of the camera blinded them. Both their smiles were big and genuine.

"Alright my turn!" Ginny pushed through Dean and Seamus. Katerina held Ginny's waist, smiling into the camera. Fred watched the two from afar.

"Freddie, come here." Katerina called him over for a photo,

"Do we seriously have to take a photo?" Fred whined, walking over to her.

"Get over here." Katerina demanded. Fred rolled his eyes, holding Katerina by her waist. Fred smiled into the camera, holding Katerina close to him. Katerina placed her hand on Fred's chest, smiling widely.

"1... 2.. smile!" The photographer yelled.

Katerina held the polaroid pictures in her hand, gazing at them. Beauty. All of them looked so happy.

Katerina looked up, seeing Ron and Harry sitting alone. Katerina walked over to the duo, sitting beside them,

"What are you doing? Everyone's taking pictures." Katerina explained. Ron gazed over at the group, seeing Hermione and Krum. Harry stared as Cho and Cedric danced together, "You two seriously need to grow a pair."

"To be fair, I asked her to the ball. Ron didn't do anything." Harry replied,

"Shut up, Harry." Ron crossed his arms, pouting.

"Why don't you at least try to have fun." Katerina straightened her lips. Ron cringed as he drank from his plastic cup.

"We are." Ron held up the cup, handing it to Katerina, "Where's George, I haven't seen him all night." Ron looked around. Katerina sighed.