chapter 10 - victoria smith

"sometimes the place you are used to, is not where you belong."

- from the film, The Queen of Katwe

victoria smith

Katerina blinked shaking her head slowly as Victoria smirked evilly. Katerina walked away, not knowing what else to do.

"Katerina, wait." George chased after her. Fred walked up at Victoria, looking at her with disgust.

"You should've stayed in Rome." Fred crossed him arms, "You aren't wanted here."

"That isn't for you to decide, now is it?" Victoria smiled fakely. She never liked Fred. Fred did everything and anything to split her and George apart and George always listened.

"Just leave him alone. He just finally started getting better." Fred glared at Victoria.

"I do love him, Fred." Victoria crossed her arms, "Even though you hate me. I love him."

"You and I both know that isn't true." Fred walked away. Victoria sighed loudly.

Katerina walked quickly down the hall. Katerina's cheeks were steaming hot and her hands were shaking.

"Katerina, please wait." George ran from behind her,

"Leave me alone." Katerina said in monotone,

"You don't understand." George grabbed Katerina's wrist.

"The love of your life?" Katerina asked, "You never told me about her."

"Because I didn't think it was that big of a deal." George defended,

"Not that big-" Katerina paused, "I saw the way she looked at you, George. How do you think I'm going to look now that your girlfriend is back." Katerina narrowed her eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend." George grabbed Katerina's hand. "She isn't. She's just trying to get to you."

"Well it's working." Katerina couldn't make eye contact with George. She didn't want to feel the way she did. "Does this change anything?" Katerina fiddled with her hands.

"Of course not." George held Katerina's hands tightly. "This changes nothing." George pulled Katerina in for a hug. Katerina exhaled deeply as George held her.

Katerina had no idea what to believe but there was nothing she could do.

*7 months ago*

George looked around repeatedly looking for Victoria. He stood in the middle of the common room, holding a bottle. George blinked slowly, gazing into the flashing lights.

George smiled widely enjoying the lights. He turned and laughed as he saw his brother making out with a ravenclaw girl. Blue lights beamed into George's eye causing him to go blind.

Music blasted loudly into his ears as people danced around him. George began to feel overwhelmed.

George pushed through the crowd, trying to break away from everyone. His heart beat faster in his chest.

George walked down the hall towards the girls dormitories looking for Victoria. George stubbled past a group of Hufflepuff's laughing and dancing.

George rubbed his eyes as he reached Victoria's room. He yawned as he opened the door. George walked into the room and suddenly froze.

Victoria exhaled deeply as she sat naked, on top of George's best friend. Lee Jordan.

Lee covered himself from George, who stared stared emptily at the duo. Victoria stood up, walking slowly towards George.

"George..." Victoria froze as George stared at the boy he thought was his best friend. Victoria reached out for him.