chapter 11 - regret

"you don't get to chose who you fall in love with."

- A. A

Victoria walked into her dorm room, pacing back and forth. She bit the edge of her nails nervously. Her mind was everywhere. Luna watched as she paced.

"Why are you pacing?" Luna questioned,

"I'm going to talk to George tonight." Victoria faced her. 

"Why? I thought he wanted nothing to do with you." Luna stated, "He's told you multiple times."

"I know he still loves me." Victoria scolded Luna, "That kind of love never dies. We're meant to be." Luna stared at Victoria as if she were crazy,

"Can you hear yourself right now?" Luna added,

"I love him, Luna. More than anything. We're made for each other and he just needs to realize that. He's my first and only love. I can't just give him up. I can't." Victoria's voice broke, "He's the love of my life."

"Vic, you cheated on him. You ruined him. You can't expect him to get forgive and forget. You're so caught up on how you feel without him that you completely forget how he feels." Luna replied, crossing her arms. 

"I know..." Victoria admitted, "I just... he found someone else."

"Who?" Luna asked,

"I don't know," Victoria grabbed her head in frustration, "You don't understand, Luna. Without George I am nothing." Victoria sighed.

"I know you love him but you forget what you did. Not only did you cheat on him, you began dating Lee not even weeks after he found out."

"We weren't dating." Victoria corrected Luna. Luna looked at Victoria disappointed.

"You haven't changed one bit." Luna stood up walking into the bathroom.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Victoria chased after her.

+++

George walked down the moving stairs, on his way to the Gryffindor common room. He stared at the ground, feeling uneasy. George thought to himself, not know exactly what he was feeling. Ever since Victoria made an appearance his mind was in a different place. The place was dark and quiet and there was nothing he hated more. George walked through the halls slowly. The halls were always empty at this time. He liked taking walks to clear his mind. 

George walked out to the courtyard, sitting on a bench. The moon shined brightly. George shivered slightly as the cold air hit him.

Time passed by slowly. Minute by Minute.

George sighed as someone sat beside him.

"How did I know you would be here?" Victoria said softly. George didn't respond. Victoria thought to herself not knowing what else to say. She straightened her lips, "How have you been?"

"Why are you asking me that?" George shoved his hands in his pocket.

"Whether you want to believe me or not I care you George." Victoria replied. 

"Right." George said sarcastically. Victoria narrowed her eyes,

"Do you want to know why I did it?" Victoria asked, "I know I hurt you and you hate me but I still love you George."

"Why did you do it?" George asked rudely, "What made you fuck with my best friend?" 

"You weren't the same." Victoria said simply, "You weren't taking me on dates, you wouldn't walk me to class, you believed everything that was said against me. I felt like I was losing you and I didn't know what else to do. I was drunk and high and I made a mistake. A huge mistake. And I will never be able to forgive myself for hurting you. But George, I love you more than anyone can ever love you. You're all I want. You're all I ever want." Victoria wiped a tear away.