Chapter Thirty-Two: Little Shorter

"Did you hear the rumor about butter," Liam asked quiet worriedly from the phone screen. What's wrong with butters? Are they poisonous or something? Something went wrong with the manufacturing?

I stopped short from taking a spoon of my food and asked, "What about?" I frowned.

"Well, I'm not going to spread it!" He perked up and exclaimed excitedly.

Triss and I blinked at him. "What?"

"It's the joke! You know, butter . . . spread . . ." Liam drawled as I took a looong, deep breath and swallowed my words.

"Man, you're lucky people can't jump right through screens," Triss told him and shook her head.

I lifted my gaze around the cafeteria, searching for someone. My eyes landed on Grey and momentarily watch him as he chatted along with his friends. I wonder what topic they are discussing. Do they talk about sports often? I sighed and went back to eating.

Triss nudged me so I looked up to her with a questioning stare. She gestured her head at the jocks' direction. "Are you gonna tell me what happened?"

I sent a sorry smile. "Not in the cafeteria. I'll tell you after school."

Triss nodded and didn't push me. "What happened?" Liam asked and brought his face closer to the camera.

"Triss will tell you after I tell her," I informed.

He pouted at us. "Not fair. I want to hear it from the storyteller's mouth."

"Want to hear it from me? Bring your flat ass here." I chewed. "Don't forget to drag your girlfriend, by the way."

"This ass is so not flat," he grumbled.

"It's true. I've seen it." Abby appeared behind him and slid next to Liam, apparently done relieving her bladder. They were also at their school cafeteria. "I've spanked it as well. I hold a valid opinion."

"Ewww," Triss and I drawled, my face morphing into pure horror. "I could've ignorantly lived the rest of my life without that image in my head," I complained. "TMI. TMI."

Liam, who tried his best not to be embarrassed, slung an arm around Abby's shoulder. "I knew you liked my ass." He wiggled his brows at her.

"Oh, you know I do, daddy," Abby fluttered her eyes at him. My mouth hang wide as my eyes turned the size of a planet.

Liam's ears reddened but he didn't back down. "You're one naughty baby girl," he said in a low voice and I think I puked a little in my mouth. I glanced at Triss who looked like a strangled fish.

The couple started leaning forward each other. Ewww, eww, eww. Stop this before I spill my stomach out. "Okay, bye!" I declared before pressing the end call. "What the heck?" I murmured.

"Horny bastards," Triss commented.

~•~

Grey had an arm slung around my waist while the other held my hand. Our eyes never strayed away as we delivered our lines. "I have never felt this way for any woman before and we may not have gotten to know each other at the most convenient set-up, I'd like you to know that what I feel for you is true."

"Lord Armand, I-" I drew a shaky breath.

"Say the word and I will do what it takes to prove that I am the one for you," Grey continued as his hold tightened. It felt different this time. My heart wasn't beating but it felt like it was gonna explode, like I had so much stuffed in it and it needs to be let out. "I will offer all that I can offer, but only if you'd let me."