Chapter Twenty-Nine: Predictable and Unforseen

As soon as our lips made contact, my heart pounded wildly inside my chest and my head spun in a heaven daze. Grey lips were firm and gentle on mine, kissing me with soft passion. My stomach churned when he lightly bit on my bottom lip as I released a soft moan. I've never been kissed before, no one to compare this most amazing sensation.

Our lips moved. I didn't automatically knew how to kiss but Grey led it, nudging me to follow and I did. I placed both hands on his shoulders as he finally wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him, our heat swarmed together. "April . . ." He grunted.

"Grey . . . " I responded in a satisfied sigh.

Grey released a groan and I felt the vibration of the sound, it brought upon a new wave of pleasure. I smiled through it and gently bit his lower lip, like he did to mine. His arm tightened around me while I finally run my fingers through his hair, lightly tugging at it as our mouths continued to move together.

Slightly out of breath, we pulled back and stared at each other. My lips still tingled. Grey's eyes were dark as the peered into mine and slowly travel around my face until his gaze stopped at my mouth. He lifted one hand from my waist and grazed my bottom lip with his finger. My breath turned more ragged. "I've always wanted do that," he whispered huskily. He put his eyes back on mine as placed his hand on my cheeks. "Your lips taste divine, do you know that?"

"I . . ." I didn't know what to say but I did know what I wanted to do, and he wanted it too. We both leaned forward for another kiss, however, just our nose brushed beside each other, and our lips a mere inch apart, we heard Luke's voice. I jumped at the sound and hastily pulled away.

"April! Grey!"

What the hell just happened?

I looked away from him, ashamed of what I just did. The kiss was beyond amazing for me, but was it the same for him? That was my first kiss but it definitely wasn't his. Did he find it great, gross or plain adequate? And what did that mean for us? Will it ruin our new-found friendship? Should we act on it or maybe . . . just forget about it?

I looked down on my shoes and in my peripheral view, I saw Grey shift to greet Luke who was strutting towards us. "Hey, man. I've been looking all ove fot you guys. What were you doing here?" Luke narrowed his eyes at us, just when I look up to give him a greeting smile.

I involuntarily winced at his question but I couldn't answer. "What's up?" Grey asked.

"Whatever, you two. Listen, everyone's about to start a game of truth and dare, who wants to join?"

"Sure, I'll come," Grey said the same I declined, "I'll pass."

Luke pouted. "You are no fun, young lady," he muttered before dragging his friend away. I stared ahead at me as i felt Grey questioning stare as he walked away.

"Oh, gosh! Stop thinking about it, will you?" I scolded myself as I sat on the bench where Grey invited me to Luke's party and where we unprecedentedly kissed. "Stop it!" I lightly slapped my cheeks. All I've been doing was rewind, recall, and remember it. I thought by helping out in the cafe I'll get my head off it but I didn't. I would drawl out and stare at nothing ahead. I managed to switch the orders of two customers and forget to give one his change.

I am distracted and everyone noticed. Mom finally called a break for me and ask if maybe I could take walk, clear my mind and head back once I did. 

"April!" A child's high-pitch squeak of my name called and I turned to see little Coreen running towards my direction. I don't remember giving the girl my name but Grey must've told her.