Chapter Twenty-Three: Little Miss Important

I stole Parker's pancakes and he gave me a nasty look. I stuck out my tongue at him which turned him to a sour mood. "You're a bi–" He dared not continue that when Mom turned away from cooking and Dad looked up from reading the newspaper. "You are a . . . " He ran his head for a friendly b-word. "B- b- bee . . ."  Our parents and I waited for what he could come up with. I grinned when looked like he wasn't about to anytime soon so I helped him.

"A b-undle of sunshine that lights up this lonely, miserable world?" I smiled and blinked innocently.

"Yeah. That." He sarcastically said. 

"Now kids, it's too early in the morning." Mom chided and served pancakes. She put two on Parker's plate and only one on mine.

Parker scoffed. "Nothing's too early to diss that face." He, my oh-so-sweet brother commented the same time I asked, "Why do I only get one?"

"Stop being a pig."

I gasped. "You little–" 

"Hey! You two, cut it out!" Mom scolded.

"She started it!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Nyenyenyenyenyenye," was my lame comeback while making faces at him. It's a classic among siblings, that one.

"Lalalalalalalala," he retorted after he covered his ears with his hands, both of us continuing our little war of who gets to keep it longer.

"Kids are blessings, they say. Kids will make you happy, they say," Mom sighed and Dad shook his head at us before returning to his newspaper. "I listened, didn't I? Look where it got me." Mom dramatically looked to the ceiling with a look of distress as if asking the Lord, why? 

"Okay, Mom, we still hear you." 

"Well, I thought you wouldn't with all the arguing you're doing first hour from dawn." I rolled my eyes. Guess we know where I got being dramatic now, do we?

The next few minutes rolled in relatively peaceful, if you call side-remarks at insulting your sibling peaceful. The four of us sat on the table, Parker and I on one side, Mom and Dad on the other. Quickly after eating, I heard a car honk outside.

I slid inside the car. "Alright. I'm ready to face school."

"Really?" Triss asked curiously.

I shook my head. "Nope, I was lying. I want to get this day over with." So far, nothing was leaking on the internet about me but that doesn't mean people are not talking about it. 

Cue sigh here.

~•~

I'm sure I'm not the only one who ever wondered about this: Can you poke someone's eyes and get away with it?

Naturally, no, so I can't do that. Hey, hey, now, now, don't tempt me 'cause I just might. It's gotten tiring. Stares here, stares there, glances here, glances there. Come on people, it's not that hard to process! Honestly. Grey, to my utmost shockery (that's not a word? well, I made it one, use it), has been rather  . . . indifferent. I sit here at Social Studies and the miracle I've been wishing for finally came to be! He wasn't kicking my chair nor throwing papers nor whispering annoying little things!

But why didn't I like it? Oh, I know, it's because my so-called enemy feels like he can't mess with me anymore. If something was to make me feel better about this is if Grey and I could go back to bickering, arguing and insulting each other. He's awfully silent.