The car stopped and Kalvin cut the engine, then they slowly got out. Almar took a deep breath and grabbed the gifts on the backseat. Then they walked together to the front door and Kalvin rang the doorbell. One minute later, Cora was opening the door. Her face expression wasn't telling them if she was in a good or bad mood. 

"Hey, mummy..." He mumbled shyly avoiding eye contact with her. 

"Hey, Almar." She greeted back.

"This is for you." He gave her the yellow roses and the box of chocolates, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have acted this way, you didn't raise me like that. I'm very very very sorry. Do you forgive me ? " He looked up at her with puppy eyes. 

Cora couldn't be mad at him forever, "Of course. Come here." And they hugged tightly, "Next time try to talk to me instead. Okay ? " He nodded his head and him and Kalvin entered in the house. The three went in the living room where there was nobody. Well, not the person the two guys expected to see there.

"Where is Acacia at ? " Almar asked searching for her with his eyes. Cora put the gifts on the coffee table.

"Upstairs." His mother answered and in less than one minute he was gone. 

Now, Cora and Kalvin were by themselves and it seemed like Kalvin's mind was somewhere else, but in the house with her. She snapped her fingers in front of his face, "Earth to Kal. What's wrong ? "

"Uh...I saw my mother today. It was when we were buying you the flowers. She asked news about everybody and acted like nothing was wrong." 

She sighed looking at him, "Why don't you simply call her ? "

"Because she's the one being in the wrong ! I'm not the one who didn't show my support when I found out that my oldest son has a daughter and my youngest was about to be a father. I'm not the one who kept bringing unnecessary drama in my family. I'm not the one who called you out of your name. I'm not the one who didn't call her son for his birthday. She's always so dramatic ! And I had always made the first step for us to be reconciled. But now, it's her turn."

"Maybe, that's what she's waiting for. For you to make that first step again. C'mon, do this at least for the baby. It won't have a grandfather, so I would like for our child to have both of his or her grandmothers present in his or her life. And we do need less drama." 

He sighed sadly, "I don't know, Cora. She really hurt me this time."

"Aw, Kal. I hope it will be over soon." She wrapped him in her arms to comfort him. 

They pulled away after two minutes, "Thanks. So, did you find a way to relax finally ? " He asked and removed some hair away from her face. 

She smiled, "Yeah. Well, I'm still a bit stressed though. Yohann called this morning." 

"And what did he say ? "

"We'll be in court soon. Actually, I'm worried about Acacia. When I told her that, she...Her eyes...There was so much fear in them. I don't like to see her like that. She stayed in her room all day and barely ate at lunch. I hope the appointment with the therapist will help her to feel better."

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. And you ? How do you really feel ? "

She sighed, "I guess, I'll be fine too. We'll all be alright. There is always rain before the sun comes out, right ? "

He grinned, "Exactly ! " He took her feet and put them on his lap, then started massaging one. 

Cora closed her eyes and simply enjoyed it. The last time he did that was when they met. She was surprised that night, but at this moment she was grateful more than anything else. She moaned as he was doing a very good job. 

"Hey, are you free tomorrow night ? " He asked causing Cora to open her eyes a bit shocked.

She raised her eyebrow, "Why ? " She answered with another question. 

He shrugged, "I thought we could do something together, just you and me. These past few days, the twins and I got time to get to know each other and now it's our time. What about a diner and then a movie ? "

"Okay, but what about the kids ? They can't stay here alone."

"I'm sure Kalia won't have a problem to watch them or Kaldrick and Amy. And there are your sister and your mother too. We just have to ask who is free to take care of them."

"Yeah and don't forget the aunties Halley and Latoya." She said beaming, "There is even Terry. Well, no actually."

Kalvin laughed, "They will have fun with Terry though."

She shook her head, "No. This man is crazy. He's even beyond that stage."

He chuckled, "Yeah, but without him, life wouldn't be the same." Kalvin and Terry lived practically all of their life's experiences together. They had always been there for each other, in bad as good moments. They were brothers no matter what. 

"Aw ! "

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: So, let me clarify something. Cora lost their father and Kalvin also, but they still have their mother. And none of the two fathers will come back. Want to know why ? Well, because then the man will come back and die in the same chapter, for real. I won't play with my babies' emotions like that. It'll be too much to handle, mainly for Cora and then she will surely lose the baby, because it's too much stress to see someone you thought was dead coming back into your life all of sudden. So yeah, if a new character walk through it won't be one of the fathers. I just wanted to clarify that after having read the comments on the last chapter, so you won't be confused. 

Well, what do you think about Mrs.Donya Ryans ? And is a good idea for Kalvin and Cora to have time apart from the others ? Should Kalvin call his mother ? Was Almar's apology good or should he have said more ? 

Dedication goes to jjennings ! Thanks so so so much for your support. Thanks for reading, voting and taking time to comment also muahh 💋❤

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.