𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺. "shut up"

a/n istfg please comment if you see mistakes, it's not beta read, we die like hilichurls

venti entered the apartment of their best friends with a tired face and a big yawn following suit. the ginger tucked his head around the corner to see them kicking off their shoes lazily.

"hey." since zhongli always announced that he is home, ajax didn't really expect to see his boyfriend in the first place.

"i'm hungry and tired and i somehow cannot enter my apartment and my landlady won't answer her fucking phone so i had to come here and the drive was so damn awful because some shithead blocked the whole ass street-" his rambles got interrupted by a flying slipper, which missed his head by a few millimeters.

"shut up!", xiao groaned as he came to retrieve his shoe with his tired of existing™️ resting face. the musician mumbled incoherent words and followed the ravenette into the living room, leaving ajax with a dazed expression.

"ventiiii", y/n lazily exclaimed while lifting her hand for a split second to wave.

"n/nnnn", they said, in the exact same way as she did.

"why are y'all so tired", xiao questioned and sat down on the couch again. their girlfriend immediately laid down on his lap, face towards the tv so she could still watch him play.

"because living a nice life means sacrificing nice things", the producer responded, the slight taste of bitterness to their tone.

"what venti said", the young woman simply stated, not bothering to explain what annoyingly exhausting day she had. xiao sighed, pointed at one of the big blanket next to venti and they spread it out on y/n's body. they then sat down on xiao's other side, snuggled themselves up in the other blanket and leaned on xiao's shoulder.

y/n and venti watched him playing final fantasy for a while before drifting off to sleep, the sound of mashing controller buttons and ajax typing on his keyboard in the background.

an hour later the apartment door opened again and the voice of zhongli could be heard. the russian quickly made his way to the entrance.

"they're sleeping", he hissed, giving the brunette a quick hug. and then he noticed: something was off. terribly off. really fucking off. to the moon off.

"what is-"

"shh, i know, i know. that's the surprise", zhongli quickly assured him.

"oh wow, you're surprises are getting more and more awful", ajax drily said, eying the surprise with narrowed blue eyes.

"seriously though, xiao might commit murder this evening", he warned before stepping into the living room, eyes glued on the back of the levi kinnie's head. he was still playing, two sleeping bodies probably nearly squishing him.

"hey zhongli", xiao quietly greeted, not turning around to his big brother.

"hello xiao, can you wake these two up, please?" the addressed knit their brows in wonder, pausing the game and suddenly turning around, mouth open to ask him why.

his expression changed drastically: "what the fuck is she doing here?!" hu tao gave him a shy wave with her hand.

"hmm?" venti slowly sat up again, a small yawn escaping their lips. they could feel xiao moving and saying something with a rather loud voice.