Chapter 47: The Revengers

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here? I thought you guys were leaving." Valk asked the same question.

"It's easier said than done." I swept my hair to the side after a stray lock started to drape forward. Valk shrugged in agreement. She looked at the towel over Thor's head with a confused expression, then at me who had absolutely no disguise at all.

"Why do you have..." She pointed at the towel on his head.

"It's a disguise." Thor answered, making you narrow your eyes.

"We can still see your face." Both me and Valk said in unison. Honestly, the stupidity I was hearing. Thor then proceeded to pull part of the towel across his mouth and nose.

"Not when I do this." He said, looking at me. I unintentionally allowed my arm to fly out and punch him in the shoulder. The sheer idiocy I was hearing was the reason for my muscle spasm.

"Hey." Thor whined, placing his other hand on his shoulder. Valk sighed and started to walk in the other direction. I thought she was just going to leave until she paused and motioned for us to come, too.

The three of us entered some apartment complex, walking down the hall to a window and stopping there was a door to the side, and I assumed that's where we were going.

"Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die one day." Valkyrie explained why she was here.

"Then you're a dumbass. This place is horrible." I laughed aloud... nobody else did. I coughed into my hand, straightening myself.

"So, you're joining the team?" I asked her, eliciting a nod.

"Is there a name for it?" She questioned. I turned to Thor for the answer, and he had the same look on his face. The same look that meant he was about to say something stupid.

"Yeah, it's called the Revengers." Thor said with very clear inspiration from the Avengers.

"Revengers?" Valk said the name in confusion.

"Well, we're all getting revenge. I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge. Wh-what about- are you guys getting revenge?" Thor looked between you and Bruce.

"I'm undecided." Bruce stammered out.

"If I was getting revenge on someone, it'd be a cruel death for them. But, no. I'm not getting revenge." I crossed my arms, still finding the name to be one of the worst things I'd ever heard.

"Oh, that's too bad. 3 to 1. We're the Revengers. Meeting over." Thor declared, and Valkyrie rolled her eyes before opening the door. I slipped to the doorframe, peering inside to see a raven haired man who was chained up.

"Surprise." Loki said unenthusiastically. As soon as we all entered the room, Thor went straight for an item to throw at Loki. Once he had grabbed and thrown said item, it ricocheted off of Loki's skull and bounced across the floor. A nice move, I will admit. A very nice move. "Ow."

"Had to be sure." Thor muttered, following Valkyrie.

"Hello, (Y/N)." Loki greeted me. The roles seemed to be severely reversed this time. Instead of me and Thor being the ones in captivity, it was Loki in binds.

"What's up, antlers. How've you been?" I walked past him, looking around the room.

"I've been wonderful. Just wonderful." Loki confessed, yet I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not. For all I know, the guy might be into bindings. I'm not one to judge.

"Sakaar and Asgard are about as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole just outside of city limits. We refuel on Xandar, and we can be back in Asgard in... 18 months?" Even she didn't sound like she knew the amount of time it'd take. This was like having a blind tour guide during the safari.