A New Historian Rises

"One last time! Any more volunteers? There's an army about to invade this station. I need every last citizen to mount a defence." Jack announced as the Historian stood beside him, glaring at the unwilling participants they were trying to gather. 

"Don't listen to him. There aren't any Daleks. They disappeared thousands of years ago." One yelled. The crowd ahead of them were silent until one lone man stood forward.

"Wonderful." The Historian glared. "Truly humanities best and brightest here, when you hear the screams from the floors above, remember you caused that. remember that we warned you. Remember the Daleks exist."

The Historian, Jack and the few volunteers they rounded up headed to floor 494 where Jack and the Historian began to work on the defenses around the station. jack spoke into the microphone of the vidscreen. "Rose, I've called up the internal laser codes. There should be a different number on every screen. Can you read them out to me?"

"She's not here." The Doctor replied.

"Of all the times to take a leak. When she gets back, tell her to read me the codes."

"She's not coming back."

"What do you mean? Where'd she go?"

The Historian put her gun down and looked into the monitor. "You sent her home, didnt you?" 

"Yes." He admitted.

The Historian nodded. If he sent Rose home, that meant he wasnt expecting any of them to make it out of there alive. "Okay." She nodded. 

"Okay?" Jack asked. "What's okay about this?" He turned to the monitor and looked at the doctor. "The Delta Wave. Is it ever going to be ready?"

Then, the Emperor Dalek appeared on the screen. "Tell him the truth, Doctor. There is every possibility the Delta Wave could be complete, but no possibility of refining it. The Delta Wave must kill every living thing in its path, with no distinction between human and Dalek. All things will die. By your hand. And his Wife stands by, like always, eltting the waves of distruction wash over all things."

Jack looked at the screen as the Historian turned away from him, looking at the stars out of the window. "Doctor, the range of this transmitter covers the entire Earth."

"You would destroy Daleks and Humans together. If I am God, the creator of all things, then what does that make you, Doctor?"

"There are colonies out there. The Human Race would survive in some shape or form, but you're the only Daleks in existence. The whole Universe is in danger if I let you live. Do you see, Jack? That's the decision I've got to make for every living thing. Die as a human or live as a Dalek. What would you do?"

Jack looked to the Historian and nodded slightly. "You sent her home. She's safe. Keep working." The Historian announced.

" But he will exterminate you!"

"Good." She shurgged. "I've lived a long, long time, God of all Daleks, and i dont need one of your kind to preach to me about death, i've seen enoughNow, you tell me, God of all Daleks, because there's one thing I never worked out. The words Bad Wolf, spread across time and space, everywhere, drawing me in. How'd you manage that?"

" I did nothing."

The Doctor scoffed. "Oh, come on, there's no secrets now, your worship."

"They are not part of my design. This is the Truth of God." 

The screen turned back to the Observation deck where lynda was. Jack stared and they went back to work. The Historian couldn't help but wonder about Bad Wolf. What was it? What did it mean? "Right, Lynda, you are my eyes and ears. When the Daleks get in, you can follow it on that screen and report it to me."