The Historians Truth

World War Three- Part 3

The Historian turned from the table and looked out of a window, answering Mickey. "The Slitheen have got a spaceship in the North Sea and it's transmitting that signal. Now hush, let me work out what it's saying."

"They'll have to answer me one day." Jackie huffed before Micket hushed her.

"It's some sort of message."

Rose looked at her. "What's it say?"

"Don't know. It's on a loop, keeps repeating."

The doctor looked to the phone as a doorbell rang out. "Hush!"

Mickey answered him " That's not me. Go and see who that is."

"It's three o'clock in the morning." Jackie moaned.

"Well, go and tell them that."

The Doctor rubbed his chin as the Historian tried to listen closer. "Its beaming out into space, who's it for?" He asked.

"It's him! It's the thing, it's the Slipeen!" They heard Jackie screech.

"They've found us."

The Doctor turned to the phone. "Mickey, I need that signal."

Rose shook her headed and shouted. "Never mind the signal, get out! Mum, Just get out! Get out!"

" We can't. It's by the front door. Oh, my God, it's unmasking. It's going to kill us."

Harriett took the Historians shoulders and shouted " There's got to be some way of stopping them! You've seen these creatures before havent you!? You're supposed to be the expert, think of something!:

The Historian glared and pulled the woman off her "I am trying!"

In the phone they heard Mickey say "I'll take it on, Jackie. You just run. Don't look back. Just run." They heard Jackie screaming and wood splintering.

Rose looked at the Doctor and Historian, and said "That's my mother."

The Doctor looked to the Historian and nodded slightly. " Right, If we're going to find their weakness, we need to find out where they're from. Which planet. So, judging by their basic shape, that narrows it down to five thousand planets within travelling distance. What else do we know about them? Information!"

Rose thought. "They're green."

" Yep, narrows it down."

"Good sense of smell."

" Narrows it down."

"They can smell adrenalin."

"Narrows it down."

Hartiett gasped. "The pig technology."

"Narrows it down."

Rose nodded. "The spaceship in the Thames, you said slipstream engine?"

"Narrows it down."

The Historian was looking through everything she had ever encountered, everything she had ever learnt inside her head, trying to think of something that could stop them...

On the phone, Mickey yelled "it's getting in!"

"The Historian said they hunt, like it's a ritual."  Rose says.

"Narrows it down."

Then, Harriett had a brainwave. "Wait a minute. Did you notice? When they fart, if you'll pardon the word, it doesn't just smell like a fart, if you'll pardon the word, it's something else. What is it? It's more like, er"