The Dalek Problem

Dalek- Part 2

The Historian marched into a lift where the Doctor was stood surrounded by armed guards. "Doctor?" she asked as the doors closed behind her and Van statten.

"We sent your friend here on a little your of the building-"

She turned to him and rose her eyebrows. "I don't care. Shut up right now." She turned to the doctor and turned him away from the others. "Theres something down there worse, way worse, than the Cyberman."

His eyes bored into hers before she answered, taking hold of his shoulders. "Dalek."

"What? Are you sure?"

She glared at him. "Do I think I mistake the tin can that killed my entire family and destroyed our home? Really, Doctor?" The Doctor didnt- couldnt- answer her, so she turned to Van Statten. " The metal's just battle armour. The real Dalek creature's inside."

" What does it look like?"

The Doctor was leant leant against the lift wall as he turned to Van Statten
"A nightmare. It's a mutation. The Dalek race was genetically engineered. Every single emotion was removed except hate."

"Genetically engineered. By whom?"

"By a genius, Van Statten. By a man who was king of his own little world. You'd like him." The Historian glared as she walked towards him.

Goddard was stood in the corner and said "It's been on Earth for over fifty years. Sold at a private auction, moving from one collection to another. Why would it be a threat now?"

"Because we're here." The Doctor glared. "How did it get to Earth? Does anyone know?"

"The records say it came from the sky like a meteorite. It fell to Earth on the Ascension Islands. Burnt in its crater for three days before anybody could get near it and all that time it was screaming. It must have gone insane."

The Historian looked Historian the Doctor. " It must have fallen through time. The only survivor."

"You talked about a war?" Goddard said to her.

"The Time War. The final battle between our people and the Dalek race."

Van Statten looked to the pair. "But you two survived, too."

"Not by choice." The Doctor Doctor him.

" This means that the Dalek isn't the only alien on Earth. There's you two. The only two of your kind in existence."

***** *****

The Doctor and Historian were chained up inside separate cages across from each other, both had been stripped tovtheir waists, and tortured. "Now, smile!" Van Statten yelled.

The Historians body shuddered as the were both scanned with lasers. It felt extremely hot, no, painfully hot as it travelled from her head to her toes. Her eyes closed as it reached her hips "Two hearts! Binary vascular system. Oh, I am so going to patent this."

"So that's your secret. You don't just collect this stuff, you scavenge it." The Doctor yelled.

"This technology has been falling to Earth for centuries. All it took was the right mind to use it properly. Oh, the advances I've made from alien junk. You have no idea, Doctor. Broadband? Roswell. Just last year my scientists cultivated bacteria from the Russian crater, and do you know what we found? The cure for the common cold. Kept it strictly within the laboratory of course. No need to get people excited. Why sell one cure when I can sell a thousand palliatives?"

The Historian fell forward a bit, her hair covering her shoulders. "Do you know what a Dalek is, Van Statten? A Dalek is honest." She glared through her hair. "It does what it was born to do for the survival of its species. That creature in your dungeon is better than you."