Downing street

Aliens of London- Part 3

"Got it." The historian called as she leaned over the TARDIS railings, handing the Doctor another circuit board. They were busy attaching a radar into the TARDIS, but it was proving.more difficult than they thought. Rose and Mickey were watching idly as they worked.

Mickey poked his head over the bars as the Historian hopped over with her sonic in her mouth, tying up some wires. "So, what're you doing down there?"

"Ricky." The Doctor said.

"Mickey."

" Ricky. If I was to tell you what I was doing to the controls of my frankly magnificent time ship, would you even begin to understand?"

Mickey frowned. " I suppose not."

" Well, shut it, then." The Doctor grinned as he took the wired from the Historian who soniced another part of the panel.

Mickey scoffed. " Some friend you've got."

" He's winding you up. I am sorry."

"Okay."

" I am, though."

" Every day, I looked. On every street corner, wherever I went, looking for a blue box for a whole year."

"It's only been a few days for me. I don't know. It's, it's hard to tell inside this thing but I swear it's just a few days since I left you."

Mickey frowned. The Historian rolled her eyes at the pair. " Not enough time to miss me, then?"

" I did miss you."

" I missed you."

" So, er, in twelve months, have you been seeing anyone else?"

"No."

"Okay."

" Mainly because everyone thinks I murdered you."

The Historian looked away from the humans and towards the panel under the controls. "Oh look, life." She grinned as a small light began to shine from it.

The Doctor grinned and hopped over the bars, pulling her with him. "Got it! Ha, ha! Patched in the radar, looped it back twelve hours so we can follow the flight of that spaceship. Here we go. Hold on. Come on." He turned the monitor to him and began to poke all the buttons.

"That's the spaceship on its way to Earth, see?" The Historian told Rose, and Mickey who happened to also be looking at the monitor. "Except. Hold on. See? The spaceship did a sling shot round the Earth before it landed."

Rose frowned at her. "What does that mean?"

"It means it came from Earth in the first place. It went up and came back down. Whoever those aliens are, they haven't just arrived, they've been here for a while. The question is, what have they been doing...?"

***** *****

Mickey and Rose looked through the channels the Doctor got on his monitor, looking for something to watch. "How many channels do you get?" Mickey called.

" All the basic packages."

"You get sports channels?"

He rolled his eyes at Mickey. "Yes, I get the football. Hold on, I know that lot."

A woman on the screen was talking, and the Historian looked over their shoulders. "It is looking likely that the Government's bringing in alien specialists - those people who have devoted their lives to studying outer space."

The Doctor nodded. "UNIT. United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. Good people."

"How do you know them?" Rose asked."