Parting Of The Ways

Parting Of The Ways- Part 1

"We've got incoming!" Jack yelled to the Timelords as they were hit in the TARDIS by the Daleks. "The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk."

As son as the TARDIS materialized, The Doctor and Historian ran out towards Rose. Jack followed, with his gun aimed at the nearest Dalek. " Rose, get down! Get down, Rose!" They shout across the dalek infested room.

Jack shot the Dalek beside Rose as she ran towards the three of them. "Feels like I haven't seem you in years." She breathed with a grin.

"I told you I'd come and get you." The Doctor grinned

"Never doubted it."

" I did." He muttered.

"Ignore him." The Historian smirked. "Rose, You all right?"

" Yeah. You?"

"Been better." She shrugged as Rose hugged the pair of them. Jack began to complain that he hadn't been hugged, so Rose rolled her eyes and grabbed him too.

"Welcome home." Jack grinned

"Oh, I thought I'd never see you again."

"Oh, you were lucky. That was just a one shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it's just a piece of junk."

***** *****

The Historian leant over the railings inside the TARDIS, looking down at Rose, Jack and the Doctor as they explained all about the Daleks to Rose. "You said they were extinct. How comes they're still alive?" She asked.

" One minute they're the greatest threat in the Universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space." Jack thought aloud.

" They went off to fight a bigger war. The Time War" The Doctor said.

Jack stared with wide eyes. " I thought that was just a legend."

The Historian shook her head and descended the stairs, standing beside the Doctor. "The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords, with the whole of creation at stake."

" Our people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing."

"There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What're we going to do?" Rose groaned.

"Well, standing here wont help will it? They have the answers we need so. Doctor?" She grinned as she held her arm out.

"You read my mind." He grinned as they linked arms, opening the doors to the Dalek spaceship.

"You can't go out there!"

The two timelords stepped out of the TARDIS." Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!" the Dales rang out, but every shot missed them. They were protected by the Tardis' shields still.

"Is that it? Useless! Nul points. It's all right, come on out. That forcefield can hold back anything."  The Doctor grinned.

"Almost anything." Jack hissed from behind them.

"We weren't exactly going to tell them that, thank you." The Historian replied sarcastically.

"Sorry."

The Doctor stepped forwards and looked at the Daleks. "Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek Homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. Historian, I believe they named you The Tsunami, leaving devastation to the Daleks right? You might've removed all your emotions but I reckon right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left, and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face us? So tell us. How did you survive the Time War?"