Cardiff

Boom Town- Part One

The Historian walked around the TARDIS with a grin on her face. They had jack on board and Rose seemed more than pleased with that. The Doctor handed her her sonic as the pair worked on the TARDIS.

Then, they heard a knock on the TARDIS door. Jack opened it and peered out. "Who the hell are you?"

" What do you mean, who the hell am I? Who the hell are you?"

" Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever your selling, we're not buying."

"Get out of my way!" The Historian looked up at the familiar voice... Mickey.

"Don't tell me. This must be Mickey." Jack grinned.

"Hey hey look who it is!" She grinned.

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?" The Doctor grinned across the TARDIS.

" It's Mickey!" He complained.

" Don't listen to him, he's winding you up." Rose grinned.

" You look fantastic." Mickey grinned as the pair hugged tightly.

The Historian looked up as the Doctor headed up a ladder. Jack sighed and smiled at the pair. " Aw, sweet, look at these two. How come I never get any of that?"

" Buy me a drink first." The doctor called as the Historian laughed.

"You're such hard work." Jack smirked.

" But worth it."

Rose looked to Mickey and grinned. "Did you manage to find it?"

Mickey nodded and passed her a passport. "There you go."

" I can go anywhere now."

The Historian turned to Rose and shook her head. "Rose how many times you dont need a passport.:

"It's all very well going to Platform One and Justicia and the Glass Pyramid of San Kaloon, but what if we end up in Brazil? I might need it. You see, I'm prepared for anything."

" Sounds like your staying, then. So, what're you doing in Cardiff? And who the hell's Jumping Jack Flash? I mean, I don't mind you hanging out with strange-jane big-ears up there-"

"Oi!" The Timelords complained.

Mickey looked to the doctor. "Look in the mirror. But this guy, I don't know, he's kind of"

Jack grinned "Handsome?"

"More like cheesy."

Jack frowned. "Early twenty first Century slang. Is cheesy good or bad?"

"It's bad."

"But bad means good, isn't that right?"

The Doctor stared down at Mickey. "Are you saying I'm not handsome?"

"Oi!" the Historian huffed. "Quiet."

Rose turned to Mickey. "We just stopped off. We need to refuel. The thing is, Cardiff's got this rift running through the middle of the city. It's invisible, but it's like an earthquake fault between different dimensions."

The Doctor nodded. "The rift was healed back in 1869."

"Thanks to a girl named Gwyneth, because these creatures called the Gelth, they were using the rift as a gateway but she saved the world and closed it."

"Oh, Gwyneth." The Historian sighed. "Poor kid, miss those days."

Jack carried on from Rose "But closing a rift always leaves a scar, and that scar generates energy, harmless to the human race"