200'00

The Long Game- Part 1

The Historian stepped out of the TARDIS and sighed happily, hands in her pockets as Rose and the doctor followed her out. "So, it's two hundred thousand, and it's a spaceship. No, wait a minute, space station. She grinned. "Nice choice, Doctor."

He grinned at her. "Knew youd like it."

Rose smirked and whispered something to him before he rolled his eyes at her, saying "Go and try that gate over there. Off you go."

"Two hundred thousand?" Rose called.

"Two hundred thousand." He grinned

The Historian turned and smacked on the TARDIS doors. "Adam! Come on!"

The Doctor looked down to her and whispered "dont answer his questions, Rose wants to."

"Who does she want to do that?" She laughed. "We just met him and... oh..." she met his eye and smirked. Rose liked him.

Adam walked out with wide eyes ",oh my god."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Rose grinned.

" Where are we?"

"Good question. Let's see. So, er, judging by the architecture, I'd say we're around the year two hundred thousand. If you listen... Engines. We're on some sort of space station. Yeah, definitely a space station. It's a bit warm in here. They could turn the heating down. Tell you what - let's try that gate. Come on!"

The Historian smirked Historian they followed Rose through the gate, and towards a massive viewing window. "Here we go! And this is. I'll let the Doctor describe it."

"The Fourth great and bountiful Human Empire. And there it is, planet Earth at it's height. Covered with mega-cities, five moons, population ninety six billion. The hub of a galactic domain stretching across a million planets, a million species, with mankind right in the middle."

The Historian watched as adam collapsed onto the floor, fainted... she smirked and looked to Rose. "He's your boyfriend."

"Not anymore."

The Historian laughed and looked away from his as Rose bent down next to Adam. "You know, I'll never get tired of looking at this." She grinned.

***** *****

The four walked through the central hub of the station. "Come on, Adam. Open your mind." The Historian grinned.

The Doctor nodded. " "You're going to like this. Fantastic period of history. The human race at its most intelligent. Culture, art, politics. This era has got fine food, good manners-"

"Out of the way!" A man shouted, just then, some shutters over food stalls were thrown up and people began running and pushing from all directions.

A chef that was serving nearby shouted. "Thank you very much indeed. Somebody there? That's great. What do you want, love? All right, keep moving. I'll be with you lot in a minute. Here you are. One at a time. What now, what was it? Kronkburger with cheese, kronkburger with pajatos. Do you want a drink? Oi, you, mate. Stop pushing. Get back. I said, back."

Rise smirked. "Fine cuisine?"

" My watch must be wrong. No, it's fine. It's weird." The Doctor frowned.

" That's what comes of showing off. Your history's not as good as you thought it was."

"Shes got you there, Doctor." The Historian shrugged.

"My history's perfect." He scoffed.

Rose sighed. " Well, obviously not."

Adam looked around himself. " They're all human. What about the millions of planets, the millions of species? Where are they?"