✰this isn't going to be a fun trip ✰

Start from the beginning

We all hide behind a corner, holding onto each other for relief, but we can't get any right now. If it finds us... we're dead.

Next thing we know, walls come crashing down, and glass shatters once again. The Mind Flayer has made its way into the GAP, only a couple feet away from us.

The creature then extends one of its tentacles, trying to locate us. The tentacle screeches as it looks for us. We continue to hide and not DARE to make a noise.

It then grabs a mannequin that has the same exact outfit on as El, and slings it around to face its face. The creature than roars, still thinking the mannequin is El.

Seconds later, it realizes that it's not Eleven, so the creature throws it aside, not hesitating. Now we have a little glimpse of what's going to happen to us if we're found.. except we won't get thrown...

We'll be dead...

Right now, we're all trembling in fear. The Mind Flayer could find us in seconds, and with that we'll be dead. We can't do anything.. we're helpless.

There's no way in hell I can take this thing down by myself without El, but I have to at least try. Maybe I could stall it for a good couple minutes.

But by me dying doesn't put my friends in any less danger.. sure the Mind Flayer wants me, but it also wants El. And there's no way I'm letting my twin sister die before me, not ever.

I squeeze Will's hand, trying to assure him everything's okay.. even though it's not. I'm just trying to calm him down, not wanting him to panic... even though he should be.

*JONATHAN'S POV*

I stick my head over the car to see the Mind Flayer in the GAP. That must've been where one of the kids ran into. In seconds, the creature will most definitely find them. I mean, it's a small store.

We have to do something.. and we have to do it now.

*Y/N'S POV*

"We need to get out of here." Mike whispers to us. "Yeah, obviously but how?" Will responds. Then... we hear shrieks and growling.. but it's not far away this time.

It's close.

"Shit, we need a plan, and we need one fast!!" I exclaim. "Uh.. okay just uh, move to that corner over there!!" Mike points as he signals us to get up and run before the Mind Flayer sees us.

We all successfully make it to the other corner, grasping for air because of how stressful and risky that was.

"Okay, now what?!" El asks, earning eyebrow raises from everyone. "Now, we-"

CRASH.

We all jump in startle, looking at the corner we just ran from... the Mind Flayer attacked it. If we where still sitting there... we would've been dead.

"Jesus holy mother of fucking wow." Mike rambles, trying to find the words to describe what just happened. "I agree." El whimpers as she hangs onto Mike even tighter.

"Okay, we need a plan. What do you all have in mind?" Will asks us all, trying to stay as calm as possible. "How about Y/n distracts it somehow with her powers and we make a run for it?!" Mike exclaims at his idea.

"No. No there's no way I can use my powers and mess with this thing without El. I'm not going to even try unless I have to." I state, my mind already made up.

"Ok yeah that makes sense." Mike says defeated, trying to think of another plan.

*LUCAS'S POV*