21: You've Got Me

I'm so glad that I've got you, you're my dream come true.
We are divine, a match made in Sirius.
We defy time, nothing else matters when two stars collide, you are my one and true love. - from "Stars In The Sky" by Phora ft. Jhene Aiko

[Miura Sachi]

"Please, you have to come back, Tetsurou! You... can't leave me..." I sobbed as I got inside the ambulance with him, not minding what the nurses are saying.

I kissed his hands as I let my tears fall, gasping for air as my lungs seemed to close from the pain I was feeling in my chest. Tetsurou's hands were getting colder, and I shook my head from denial. The nurses pushed me back as they used a defibrillator to revive Tetsurou's pulse, and my head was starting to hurt from all the crying I was doing. My chest, my stomach churned in fear and desperation as I watched his body convulse.

After a while, the nurses turned to look at me, a scorned look on their faces as I blinked in agony.

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

I covered my mouth with a hand as I wailed pathetically. This can't be happening!

"No! No! Tetsurou, please! Stay with me, please!" I extended a hand to reach Tetsurou's body as I was dragged away by the nurses, and it felt like my heart was being twisted, pinched, and stomped on.

"You have to come back, please! Don't leave me, no..."

"No!" I yelled as I suddenly sat up straight from my bed, panting for air as I clutched my chest. My heart was beating alarmingly fast, and there was cold sweat forming on my forehead and my back.

What? What happened?

I sobbed as I turned on my bedroom lamp, glancing at the wall clock. It's 2:45 AM, and I hugged myself for comfort as I tried to understand what happened. My whole body was shaking in fear and panic as I closed my eyes and remembered what happened in my dream.

"It's just a nightmare, Sachi, it's j-just a nightmare," I shakily said to myself as I rocked myself back and forth, calming myself down as I buried my face into my arms.

That nightmare seemed a little too real, the holding hands, the insults, the places... and the accident. Even if it was just a dream, I could still literally feel my heart being ripped to shreds.

It was like I was given a glimpse of what it would feel like if ever I lost Tetsurou, and it was terrifying. I don't ever want that to happen. I'll pray to all of the gods to not ever experience that sort of thing.

I immediately grabbed my phone from my bedside as I hastily called Tetsurou's phone number, my hands still shaking from fear and worry.

"Please, please answer, Tetsurou..." I whispered to myself as I wiped the tears that were still falling. I closed my eyes shut after a few rings, waiting for him to answer.

I shook my head as I looked at my phone, a silent whimper escaping my lips as I read the words written on the screen.

Kuroo failed to pick up...

(call again)  (dismiss)

The fear and worry I was feeling amplified, making me feel weak as I covered myself with my futon. Why is he not answering?

Please tell me that you're alright, Tetsurou.

I tried to suppress my sobbing as I closed my eyes shut, gripping my phone tightly to my chest.

"It's j-just a nightmare, Sachi... just a n-nightmare," I sighed shakily, taking a deep breath as I calmed myself down, when suddenly my phone vibrated and rang loudly, making me look up at who was calling.