11: Coincidence

[Miura Sachi]

"Sachi? Why aren't you up yet? You have school today, get up now!" I heard my mother yell from outside my room.

I grunted as I heard loud, violent knocks on my door. I just want to stay home today, I don't feel like going to school. It's not like we have a test today, so it's okay to skip classes.

I got off my bed and opened my door, facing Mom who had a furious look on her face. She was already dressed to go to her work.

"Mom, I don't feel too good. Please let me skip school today," I pleaded to her, fixing the sweater I used yesterday on my shoulder. I saw my mother's face softened when she saw that I was not lying.

She hugged me and rubbed my back. "Alright, sweetie. Your dad and I have work today, so please take care of yourself. There are no more medicines left, so make sure to buy one when you feel like it," Mom said as I let myself take in her embrace.

"Okay, Mom. Love you, please be safe today," I hugged my mother back as I smiled a little. A few seconds later, she removed her hug and left.

I sighed as I went back to my bed, lying down as I grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

I think I should tell Mei that I wouldn't be able to go to school today. I actually want her to come over here today after school so I could tell her everything.

I closed my eyes before I typed on my phone. I could feel the heaviness of my eyes from all my crying last night.

Text Message to Mei👯‍♀️:
Hi, love. Can't come to school today. If you don't mind coming over here to our house after school, it'd be great. love u. xoxo

I stripped my clothes off after sending my message to Mei. I think I should go take a bath already, since I don't want to catch a cold again like the last time.

Ugh. This sucks. I can't believe I let myself break down like that because of... him.

I opened the tap and let the hot running water flow on our bath tub. I removed my towel before going in it, and when I finally settled a comfortable lying position, I felt immediate relaxation all over my body. The hot water soothed all my muscles and took away all my worries.

I closed my eyes as I thought of what happened yesterday.

Kuroo Tetsurou. An amazing tutor and team captain. A sweet, annoying guy.

Damn you, Kuroo Tetsurou.

I grabbed the shampoo bottle and lathered my hair with it. I poured bath soap on the water and let it bubble, as I enjoyed the hot bubble bath I was having.

It feels good to be alone sometimes. I just need a break from all what's happening lately.

After an hour, I finally decided to rinse myself. I stood up from the bath tub and wrapped a towel around my body, walking up to the full-length mirror inside our bathroom.

I looked myself up and down, taking a closer look on my facial features.

Suzuki Aiko looks far better than me. We might have similar features– brown hair, prominent nose, cute small eyes, but I'm  a million times behind her beauty.

I shook my head from the thought. I walked back to my room and closed the door, thinking how stupid of me it is to compare myself to her.