7: Heart Attack

[Miura Sachi]

"Tetsurou, let's take a small break from the quiz. I want to ask you something," I told Tetsurou as he put down his notecards.

We're still in his room, having a "fast talk" type of quiz wherein he asks a question and I must be able to answer it within 3 seconds. If I answer incorrectly or too slowly, Tetsurou will flick my forehead.

As much as I rejected his idea, he made a really good point– saying that this will help me think faster and understand the lesson more.

I adjusted my seat beside Tetsurou's.

"Alright, but just a short break. Go ahead, ask away," Tetsurou slumped on his chair as he looked at me.

"The first time I went here to your house, your mom yelled 'no funny business'. What does that mean?" I asked as I crossed my legs.

Tetsurou had a surprised look in his face. "You don't know what funny business is? Well, it's when a couple does things– sexually."

Despite being shocked at his answer, I kept a straight face. His mom thought we were a couple?! Doing bad things?! No way!

"O-oh. Alright. Next question, your older sister Tomiko yelled that 'the last time you brought a girl here, the neighbors complained of the noise'... do you mind explaining what she said?" I shyly asked, a part of me not wanting to hear what he has to say.

Is Kuroo Tetsurou just casually bringing girls to their house? Or even worse, to his room?!

Tetsurou laughed heartily and patted my head.

"That isn't true. I've never even brought a girl to our house. I only invite my friends," he said as he rested his arms on the study desk.

I made a confused face. Why do I feel like he's lying? Is it because it's unbelievable that Tetsurou doesn't bring girls home, especially with his looks and talent?

"Then why did Kuroo Tomiko say that? I'm confused–"

"Tomiko is just teasing you, since it's the first time I brought a girl home and even took you upstairs. You're mistaken if you think I just casually bring girls to our house."

I looked at him. I'm the first girl he ever took home? Hm. Right, I'm a special case– he has a duty to tutor me.

"Why? I'm sure many girls are dying to be taken home by you, you playboy–" I teased him but he cut me off.

"Look, I'm not like that. I don't treat girls like they're disposable. Besides, I barely have time to have a girlfriend," he laughed and scratched the back of his head.

I nodded in amusement. I guess he has a point, being a team captain and top student altogether.

"Okay, break time is now over. Let's get back to quizzing you," Tetsurou sighed as he grabbed his notecards again.

I bit the cap of my pen as I listened intently to Tetsurou's question about the digestive system.

"Okay, we're down to the last question. What is the accessory organ in the digestive system that removes toxins and stores food to glycogen?" he asked, looking at his notecard.

I know this! I know this one!

"Oh! Oh! Is it the liver?! It's the liver!" I said excitedly as I looked at Tetsurou.

He had an amused smile on his face before nodding. "Yes! That is correct. Man, I wished you got at least one question wrong so I could flick your forehead," he laughed as I playfully punched his arm.