2: His Place

[Miura Sachi]

I'm in the cafeteria since it's currently our lunchtime break, but I have no appetite to eat the bento meal my mother prepared for me. I just can't stop thinking about what will happen later... when I'm at Kuroo's place. Of course, we're there to study and nothing else, but I still feel worried since it'll be my first time going to a guy's house.

And not just any guy's house. Kuroo Tetsurou's house. The popular, handsome-looking, skilled team captain of our school's volleyball team. Who, by the way, probably has a lot of fangirls who quiver at the mere sight of him. Well, if I'm being honest, it's understandable. If only Kuroo and I got along, I'd probably have a teeny, tiny crush on him too. But oh well...

Ugh. I have no words. I can't believe I'm going to spend time alone with a guy I don't even get along with that well.

It's already Thursday, and tomorrow Friday is the deadline for the first set of special requirements Kuroo and I have to accomplish. We really have to finish that set today so we can pass it on time tomorrow.

I took a sip from my chocolate milk drink and slumped back on my chair. Mei and her boyfriend Ayato were in front of me, constantly flirting and being sweet to each other. I have no problem with being a third-wheel, but their public display of affection is quite embarrassing.

"Ugh, get a room you two," I said with a disgusted face while looking at them who were feeding each other strawberry cheesecake.

A few minutes later, Ayato kissed Mei on the cheek and told her that he needs to go. And I've never been this happy to be alone with Mei.

As soon as Ayato left, I instantly told Mei all about yesterday. I told her to keep it a secret since I'm not sure if Hayato-sensei would want me to tell someone about it. The whole time I was telling it to Mei, she made a face similar to the surprised Pikachu meme. It was hilarious.

"Oh my god. I. Have no words," Mei stuttered as she took in all the information I told her.

"I know. Unbelievable," I said while looking around the cafeteria.

Across the room, there was Kuroo sitting around a circular table along with other several guys. Kuroo was seating beside the guy with long blonde hair play with his Nintendo Switch, while a gray-haired tall looking man with green eyes cheered the gamer guy on.

Huh. What a crazy crowd. Are they all on the volleyball team?

"So, did you agree?" Mei enthusiastically asked and smiled playfully. I looked at her and smiled a little too.

"Actually, I did. It's crazy how I have no choice but to do it or else I'll fail Biology. Kuroo suggested that we do it at his place," I nonchalantly told her before taking a sip from my chocolate milk.

"OH MY GOD! You're going to do it at his place?!" Mei squealed, and I almost choked on what I was drinking due to her scream.

I regained my composure before nodding.

"What's the big deal? We're just going to study..." I asked, and Mei had a disappointing face.

"Oh. I thought you were going to do it at his place," Mei rolled her eyes at me as she wrapped her lunch box.

"Yeah, that's what I said. We're going to do it at his place."

"No, I thought you meant it... you know, when a guy and a girl is left alone in a room?"

I blinked a few times to process what she was talking about. The moment I got it, I instantly felt a hot flush to my cheeks and playfully hit Mei on her shoulder.