He started to get slightly worried but noticed that Y/n was still breathing just fine.

Something grasped Sokka's eyes though. The mask. That mask that he found Y/n with in the spirit world.

He noticed no strap on the mask to keep it from falling.

He inspected the mask. It's three black lines coming down from the horn above the left eye to the cheek.

He tried putting the mask on his own face but was surprisingly greeted by what seemed to be simultaneous echoes coming from everywhere.

He turned to look at Katara and Aang.

Sokka: "Uh, guys. Did you hear that?"

Katara and Aang turn around curiously to face Sokka.

Katara: "What are you talking about?"

Aang: "Yeah, what are you talking about, Sokka?"

Sokka looks back at the mask.

Sokka: "Nothing... it was probably just the wind..."

Sokka suspiciously stares at the mask before trying to put it on again.

The echoes vicious returned.

Whisper shouting constantly from every angle.

Each voice or echo saying stuff like, "Unhand me" "Put me down" "let me be" "Leave us alone" "we will be one" "let go" "That's mine" "It belongs to me"

Sokka started to hyperventilate and freak out.

Unfortunately, Katara and Aang weren't paying attention so Sokka was on his own.

That was until Y/n's slouched body immediately grabbed the mask and ripped it away from Sokka.

Sokka: "What was that?"

Sokka, confused, shrugs his shoulders and nudges Y/n's shoulder again.

Y/n: "Mm... Fi-ve... more... years..."

Y/n spoke through a sleepy, relatively bothered voice.

Sokka sighs and chooses to take the hard route and manually move Y/n down from Appa.

Once he did, Cosmo quickly greeted Sokka and rested on his head.

Sokka grabs Cosmo and looks at it directly in its eyes.

Sokka: "Tell me when he wakes up."

Cosmo stays silent and just stares at Sokka.

Sokka sniffs the air.

Sokka: "What is that smell? It's like... a rotten corpse..."

He notices something wet trailing down his fingers.

He looks at it for a few seconds before the realization hit him more than the stench.

Sokka immediately put Cosmo down on the floor and ran to the river where Katara and Aang were.

In a hurry, he started to splash water in his hands trying to get rid of the disgusting brown matter.

Cosmo on the other hand, was watching with a sly grin showing his fangs while Sokka restlessly tried to remove his droppings.

Was it gonna come off? Probably.

Is it gonna be now, however? No. No it won't.

Sokka looks up as two shadows loom over him.