Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Remus looked up from his phone, "Are y-"

Remus' eyes landed on the man in there.

The man smiled a kind, warming smile, "Remus! My boy!"

It was their dad. Their biological dad.

Their dad went up to Remus and gave him a hug, "Oh, I've missed you so much!"

Roman kept his gaze on the table, knowing he'd start crying if he saw his father give his brother a hug.

Remus finally processed what was going on, and he glared hatred at the man and kneed him in the stomach.

"Ow! Fuck," The father stumbled back, clutching his stomach.

Remus stomped towards Roman, grabbing his hand, "Let's go get ready, we're leaving as soon as we fucking can."

"Remus-" their dad groaned, but Remus gave him a death stare, "Shut it, old bastard," and flipped him off.

Remus practically shoved Roman in their room, going in and locking the door

"Get dress and look all pretty and shit, we're leaving," he hissed out, looking for some money and cleaned clothes.

Roman nodded, "Ok," he muttered, collecting his clothing and getting ready.

Remus sighed, wanting to comfort his brother, "It's ok, we won't be here for long."

Roman simply nodded again, looking for a shirt to wear. Something black and purple caught his attention.

Virgil's hoddie.

Roman had a small smile as he picked it up and hugged it, the scent reminding him of his boyfriend.

It calmed him, so he decided to wear it with regular jeans.

When the two were done changing, Remus grabbed his brother's wrist, "Let's go get breakfast somewhere else, then see Janus. He'd be happy to see us."

"Yeah, ok," Roman said, following his brother to the living room the put on their shoes.

"Boys!" Their father called, two plates in his hand. His face still shown some discomfort from being kneed in the stomach, "I made you two eggs, toast, and some fried potato bits."

Remus scowled, "You can shove that shit right back up your asshole, we're gonna go eat out."

Their father looked hurt, "Remus, come on, it's been so long. I've missed the two of you," he set the plates down, "Why don't you come eat with me and we can catch up?"

Remus snorted, "HA! Oh yeah suuuuuure, you missed both of us! Fucking liar, you only missed me! You don't give a damn about Roman!"

Their dad looked appalled, "How dare you, of course I've missed him!" He looked at Roman, ignoring how uncomfortable his son looked, "Come give me a hug, buddy!" he had a kind smile.

Roman's eyes went wide.

His dad.. wants to hug him? An actual hug? Like, one to show affection? His dad wants to show him affection? By hugging him?

Roman almost took a step forward, the opportunity too good to leave, but Remus grabbed his shoulder.

"No thanks," his brother sneered, "We'll be taking our leave, let's go RoRo."

Roman hesitated, but followed his brother out the door, a part of him wanted to run back and accept the hug from his dad, but another knew he shouldn't.

Once the two were away from the house, Renus stopped Roman, "I am so sorry," he said, tears building in his eyes, "The bastard had the audacity to offer a freaking hug!"

"It's ok," Roman reassured, but Remus wasn't having it.

"I can fucking hug you," he offered, and hugged his brother anyways, wrapping his wings around him protectively.

Roman's breath hitched, tears finally falling from his eyes as he gripped Remus' shirt, "I'm s-sorry.."

"Don't be," Remus replied, his tone gentle, "It isn't your fault."

Roman didn't want to leave his brother's arms or wings, he felt safe and loved. Remus was always there to protect him and cheer him up.

He loves his twin brother so much, so very much.

mm, i've been thinking about drawing what the eight teenagers look like, but i'm very sensitive about my drawings. writing is something i'm confident in, but drawing is a whole different situation. i seriously suck, but i want to draw 'em.

i don't know, i'll think about it some more, i guess

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!

!!!SPOILERS FOR THE NEW SANDERS SIDES EPISODE!!!

that entire episode was just the best. it's been a while since i've genuinely laughed, and that video made me laugh. i wish i could buy the jams, because i love me some jelly, but my mom would never let me, haha

god, Thomas always cheers me up♡