When You Were

Dean x Reader

You were 5 when your mom finally introduced you to your father, Bobby Singer. Your mom and him had had a fling. It was very short lived though because they couldn't be around each other for long without getting into extremely heated arguments. Even being in the same room as Bobby, tended to make your mom's blood boil. That's why she had avoided telling him about you. But, around your fifth birthday, you started asking questions about your dad. She decided that she couldn't avoid it any longer, it was time the two of you met.

Bobby was furious that your mom hadn't told him about you sooner. But the anger melted away as soon as he met you. When he met you, Bobby knew that he would do whatever he had to to keep you safe and happy. You were definitely a daddy's girl, and Bobby's little angel. You would go and stay with your dad at least a couple times a month.

You were 7 when you had to call Bobby to come rescue you. Your mom had gone to kill a monster and had been gone for days. She said she would be back in a few hours, but when you woke up the next morning, she was still gone. You waited a couple days before doing what your mom told you to do if something ever went wrong, you called your dad. Bobby's heart broke when he got your call. Your voice waivered, like you were trying to hold back tears. After you told him where you were, he came and got you. The two of you later found out that  your mom had died on that hunt. Having nowhere else to go, you moved in with your dad.

You were 9 when you first met the Winchester boys. They had been dropped off at your house while their dad was doing a hunt. You were two years older than Sam and two years younger than Dean. Sam soon became the little brother you never had, and Dean became your best friend. The boys talked to you about everything, especially the things that they didn't want to talk to each other about. You were the only person that Sam could vent to about his family, about what he and his dad were currently fighting about, or about how Dean was annoying him. For Dean, you were the only person he would be honest with about how he was feeling. Like how he felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulder sometimes, with being his dad's soldier, and always having to take care of Sammy. But around you, Sam and Dean got to be themselves, they got to actually be kids. You loved the Winchester boys, and they loved you.

You always ran down the stairs whenever you heard the familiar roar of the impala's engine. It was one of your favorite sounds in the world, it heralded the return of your best friends.

As you grew up at Bobby's house, he taught you everything he knew. Starting off by teaching you how to fix up cars. Some of your favorite times with your dad were spent bringing an old car back to life.

You were 12 when Bobby finally started to teach you about hunting. He started you off with the lore, learning about the more common monsters and how to kill them. He would quiz you by giving you some of his old cases to figure out what monster he'd been dealing with, and how he could've taken care of it. Eventually he taught you how to protect yourself. From shooting a gun, wielding a knife, to hand-to-hand combat. You learned it all. When the weather was warm, you enjoyed practicing your skills, and on cold days, you would curl up by the fire and read one of your dad's many lore books. 

You were 17 when your dad took you on your first hunt. Bobby knew you were just as head-strong as your mother, so if he didn't take you hunting, you would try and do it on your own. At least if he went with you, you would have some back up. He couldn't have been prouder when you killed your first monster. 

You were 21 when you started to hunt on your own. Bobby was confident in your abilities, and he trusted that you wouldn't take on more than you could handle on your own. Between hunts, you stayed at your dad's house. While you were there, you would help your dad with research for other hunters.