Hustle

Dean x Reader

You were watching two men play pool out of the corner of your eye. They were unaware that you were eavesdropping on their conversation.

"So Sammy, what do you think we're dealing with here?" the shorter one asked.

The taller one took his shot before responding, "I'm thinking witch or ghost. But we can check the house for EMF and hex bags after we visit the morgue in the morning."

You smiled to yourself as you finished off your beer. 'Hunters'  you thought to yourself. Standing up, you made your way over to the pool table. You leaned against the pool table, elbows propped up, and resting your chin in your hands. When you spoke your voice was higher and more flirtatious tone than usual. "Wow. You're like, really good," you said locking eyes with the green eyed man in front of you. He smirked while his long haired companion rolled his eyes and walked away. Leaning against the pool table, he responded, "Thanks sweetheart." His voice was deep and rough, and sent involuntary shivers down your spine. 

"Wanna play a round," he asked.

"Well I would, except I don't know how to play," you said with a slight pout.

"How about I teach you how to play instead," he offered.

You smiled. "I like the sound of that. I'm Y/N by the way," you said, holding out your hand to shake.

He shook your hand as he responded, "Dean."

While he began setting up the table, you started to think. 'Sammy and Dean, why do those names sound so familiar.'

"All set," Dean said. You walked to the front of the table. Dean started to walk you through how to hold the cue stick and how to line up your shot. As you poorly lined up your shot, Dean walked up behind you. Placing his hands over yours, he helped you take the shot. The balls went scattering across the table. "This is fun," you giggled, bouncing on the balls of your feet.

Dean helped you take a few more shots. You managed to get a couple in the holes.

"What do you say to making this a little more interesting," you asked with a mischievous smile on your face.

Dean smirked. "What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of having a little wager to see how good your pool teaching skills are."

"I'm listening."

"I get five shots. For every ball I get in a hole, I get twenty bucks. For every shot I miss you get twenty bucks."

Dean thought for a second before nodding, "Deal. But instead of me getting twenty for every shot you miss, I get a kiss."

"Sounds like a win-win for me," you smirked.

You lined up your first shot, certain that you could get two balls in the hole. You glanced up at Dean's cocky grin before taking your shot. Quickly repositioning yourself before taking your next shot and getting another ball into a hole. Dean's cocky grin was soon replaced with a slight frown and furrowed eyebrows.

After you took your last three shots you had gotten a total of eight balls in the holes, with no missed shots.

"Now, if I did my math right, I believe you owe me a hundred and sixty bucks."

Dean muttered to himself as he counted out the bills. "You hustled me," he said as he handed over the money. Counting it to make sure it was all there before you responded, "Oh sweetie. I didn't just hustle you, I played you like a fiddle."

You put the money in your pocket and began to make your way out of the bar.

"Wait," Dean started. "Can I least get your number?"

"I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other again soon. Goodbye Dean," you called over your shoulder as you exited the bar.

Since your motel was right next to the bar, you didn't have far to walk. You made your way to your room, pausing briefly to admire the beautiful '67 impala in the parking lot. Once inside your room, you quickly got ready bed. You wanted an early start tomorrow. You were out as soon as your head hit the pillow. Your dreams that night were about a certain green eyed hunter.

*Time skip brought to you by Jensen Ackle's fanfiction green eyes*

The next morning, Sam and Dean were flashing their FBI badges at the morgue. 

"Ah agents," the lady at the front desk smiled, "Right this way. Your partner is expecting you." 

The brothers shared a confused look as the woman led the way to their "partner". Stopping outside the door, the woman explained that their partner was in this room before heading back the way she had come.

The boys opened the door. Dean stopped in his tracks as soon as he entered the room, unable to keep the look of surprise and confusion off his face. 

You were leaning over, examining a body. You didn't bother to look up when the boys entered the room. "Agents. So glad you could finally join us," you said. Dean was surprised at your voice, it was slightly lower, and definitely more professional sounding than it was last night. You stood up and turned to the medical examiner. "Thank you Doctor. You can go now. I need to fill in my partners and I'm sure they'll want to examine the bodies as well."

"Of course Agent Tyler. Just let me know if you have any questions," he said before leaving the room. 

When he left, you turned to face the boys, a smirk on your face. "Told you I'd see you again soon. Though, if I'd realized you were the Winchesters last night, I wouldn't have even thought about hustling you," your statement directed more at Dean than Sam. A look of surprise on their faces at the mention of their last name. You continued, "But I'm so glad i did. Now I get to live with the satisfaction that I hustled Dean Winchester at pool."

Sam chuckled as he held out his hand," I'm Sam and you've already met Dean. how did you know who we are?"

You shook his hand. "Pleasure to meet you Sam. I'm Y/N and every hunter knows who you two are. I also overheard you guys talking about ghosts and witches last night. That plus the names, I put two and two together."

Dean finally gathering his bearings, a smirk replacing the look of shock on his face. "Y/N. You are awesome. But I do believe you owe me a proper game of pool."

You smiled at him, "As soon as we finish this job, you have yourself a deal."

The End