Runaway part 3 Final

Second Person POV

Wearing clean clothes and ruffling your hair dry with a towel, you made your way to the kitchen. Dean was sitting there waiting. He was staring into the coffee cup in his hands, his thumb anxiously tapping the side. His face was freshly shaven.

As soon as you entered the room, your dad came and gave you a hug. 

"Dad. M-maybe not so tight," you struggle to say, your dad's tight grip making it hard to talk.

"Sorry," he chuckled nervously. He returned to his seat and you sat down across from him. "So. How have you been?"

You smiled, "I've been doing really well. I enjoy hunting, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I feel proud to be continuing the family,.. Legacy? Tradition? Whatever you wanna call it. It helps me feel closer to mom."

Dean had sad smile on his face. "Oh Y/N. I'm so sor-"

"I'm not done yet dad. I get that you just wanted to keep me safe. I understand that. I really do. But you can't protect me forever. Hunting is in my blood. I'm a Winchester, it's what we do. I'm not a little kid anymore, you need to stop treating me like one. It's time for me to make my own choices." I took a deep breath. "Okay. Now I'm done."

Your dad got up from his chair and wrapped you in a hug. "I'm so sorry baby girl. For being so stubborn. For not being there for you. For not supporting you. For everything. If I could go back and do it differently, I would. But I'm so proud of you, and I know your mom would be too. Watching you fight those vamps, you reminded me of her so much." He let go of you, sitting back down. "You know, she would've kicked my a** for how I kept you from hunting. She would've put you on research duty when you first started wanting to go on hunts. Then she would've found the easiest case she could've to start you off." You grabbed your dad's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "I definitely could've handled it better."

"We both could have. I should have stayed and tried to explain how I felt to you, instead of disappearing without a trace. But what's done is done. What matters now is how we move forward."

"Stay. Please. Hunt with us, with me. Join the family business. What do you say?" Dean asked hopefully.

"I say, I thought you'd never ask. I've only been waiting my whole life to hunt with you guys." 

You stood up and stretched. You gave your dad one last hug, before bidding him goodnight.

"Night Dad. I love you," you yawned.

"I love you too. Good night baby girl." He kissed the top of your head.

Now you just had one last thing to do before you went to bed.

The End

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez