Runaway part 1

Dad Dean x Daughter Reader

Second Person POV

You slammed the door to your room closed. You had just gotten into a heated argument with your dad. It was the same thing that the two of you always fight about. Him and your Uncle Sam were going on a hunt and refused to let you come with. You might be young, but both of them had been hunting long before they were your age. Hunting is what you'd been training for your whole life. It just wasn't fair. 

You plopped face first onto your bed, and screamed into your pillow.

*Knock, Knock*

"Y/N. Me and Sam are leaving. We'll be back in a couple days. I love you baby girl," your dad called through your door. No matter what you two were fighting about, or how bad it was, your dad always made sure the last thing he told you before he left was that he loved you.

You lifted your head up and sighed. Speaking in the most emotionless voice you could manage, "I love you too Dad." You couldn't see it, but Dean smiled to himself as he walked to the garage.

As soon as you could no longer hear the sound of retreating footsteps, you got to work. You pulled two packed duffle bags from underneath your bed. One was filled with your clothes, while the other one was filled with all the necessities for hunting. You grabbed three envelopes from you desk drawer, one addressed to each member of your family, your dad, Uncle Sam, and Uncle Cas. You placed the envelopes, along with your phone, on the bed. Picking up your bags, you headed straight for the garage. 

Once in the garage, you went to Dorothy's bike. You secured your belongings before pulling on a helmet. Now satisfied that you had everything, you started the bike up, driving out of the bunker, and away from your family.

'If they won't let me hunt with them, I'll just have to hunt on my own,' you thought.

You drove until the sun was starting to set. You got a room at the first motel you came across. Paying for the room in cash so your family couldn't track you. Once in your room, you got to work finding your first case.

Dean's POV

It had been a couple days since we had left the bunker, and I was glad to be back. When Y/N was mad at me, she liked to ignore her phone to purposefully make me worry. She had done it again this time, and no matter how many times she did it, it still made me nervous that something had happened while I wasn't there to protect her. But she was always happy to see us home safe, no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

"Y/N! WE'RE BACK!" I yelled into the bunker. I made my way to her room. 

I was surprised when I saw that the door to her room was open. She usually kept it closed. My stomach dropped when I entered the room and noticed her phone sitting on the bed. Y/N always had her phone with her. She even took it with her when she had to make a midnight bathroom trip. I walked over to her bed. It was then that I noticed the three envelopes addressed to Sam, Cas, and me. I ripped open the one addressed to me and began to read the letter inside.

'Dear Dad, 

If your reading this, it means you once again wouldn't let me come on a hunt with you. You really should've let me join you. But since you didn't, I'm just going to have to do it on my own. Believe me when I say, it's not how I wanted this to go. I was hoping that you'd have my back for my first hunt. And how I've dreamed of seeing the look on your face when I gank my first monster. Unfortunately we both have that Winchester stubbornness. You were never going to let me hunt and I was never going to be able to stay out of hunting. If you had realized I was going to do it, with or without you, maybe you would've changed your mind. 

By now, you've probably noticed that I left my phone behind. I know how you work, I know you would've used it to track me, but I need to do this on my own. Don't worry though, I do have a phone. It has all, and I do mean ALL, of your guys' phone numbers in it, plus I have them all memorized. If I'm ever in over my head, I won't hesitate to call. For now though, you don't get to know the number. I'm not cutting off complete contact. I promise I'll pray to Uncle Cas every night so that you guys know I'm okay.

Dad, I love you so much and I know that I already miss you. But I need you to know that I need to do this. I hope you can understand. 

Love,

Y/N Winchester'

Tears were streaking down my cheeks by the time I finished reading the letter. As soon as I was done reading, I yelled for my brother. "SAM!!"

The End

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez