Perfect

Inspired by Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Italics are song lyrics

Cas x Reader

I found a love for me

Darling, just dive right in

And follow my lead

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Castiel didn't understand human emotions when you two first met, and he definitely didn't understand love. But it was you who helped him to understand.

The two of you met through your mutual friends the Winchesters.

*Flashback*

You and the Winchesters were sitting in a motel room, working on a case together. A whoosh of wings interrupted your discussion. A gruff voice spoke. "Hello Dean."

It took all of your self-control to not jump up and hold a knife to the throat of the stranger that had appeared out of thin air.

"Cas, so glad you could finally join us," Dean said sarcastically. So this was the angel you'd heard so much about.

"Y/N, Cas. Cas, Y/N." Dean gestured between the two of you as he made the introductions.

You smiled up at the angel. "Nice to finally meet you Cas."

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes, you're holding mine

The two of you got to know each other, soon becoming friends. You didn't fall hard or fast. You enjoyed each others company, just hanging out. It was a slow and gradual fall.

*Flashback*

You and Cas were sitting in the bunker watching movies. Cas was constantly asking questions or tilting his head in confusion. All of Cas' focus was on the tv, but you, you were focused on Cas. A smile tugging on your lips. Your eyebrows furrowed as you began to think about Cas. How the thought of him always brought a smile to your face. Or how his rare smiles were your favorite thing to see.

'Crap. Am I in love with Cas?' you thought.

Cas had turned his attention away from the screen to ask you a question, when he noticed your furrowed brow. "Is everything alright Y/N?" Cas asked, concern in his voice. He hated seeing you in any kind of distress.

"Oh, um. Sorry Cas, just thinking." You smiled up at him. Cas loved your smile, how your eyes sparkled, and how your face lit up when you were happy. Cas thought your lips looked soft and sweet. Lately he had been wondering how they would feel against his. When he'd talked to Dean about it, he explained that Cas was in love with you.

Cas cupped your cheeks with his hands. You tilted your head, still smiling. "Watcha doin Cas?"

"Something I have wanted to do for a while now," he said before gently pressing his lips to yours. You didn't hesitate to kiss him back. You were both slow and tentative, testing out the waters. When you broke apart, you just stared into each others eyes. They were full of nothing but love and happiness.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

When you couldn't sleep at night, Cas would take you out to look at the stars. You would play music from your phone. Eventually you and Cas would be up and swaying in each other's arms. Sometimes you would grumble about how terrible you must look, with your pajamas and bed head. Cas always responded by telling you how he thought you never looked more beautiful.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know

She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home

I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets

To carry love, to carry children of our own

Cas loved to watch you work a case. You could be so intimidating, striking fear into any monster that saw you. Seeming to do things like, kicking ass or chopping off vamp heads, with ease. But you could also be so gentle and caring. That side showing through when you did things like talking to the victim's family or dealing with kids. Every time Cas saw you with kids, he couldn't help but think about how great of a mom you would make some day.

We are still kids, but we're so in love

Fightin' against all odds

I know we'll be alright this time

Darling, just hold my hand

Be my girl, I'll be your man

I see my future in your eyes

You and Cas were sitting in the grass outside the bunker, star gazing. Cas pulled you to your feet. He got down on one knee and pulled a small box from the pocket of his trench coat. Your eyes started to water.

"Y/N, I know that the life of a hunter is full of uncertainty. But the one thing I'm certain of is that I love you. You always have my back. You're fiercely loyal, you'll do anything to protect those you love. Your smile is my favorite sight and your laughter is my favorite sound. I plan on doing everything I can to make you happy. Y/N, will you marry me?"

You nodded frantically, tears streaking down your cheeks. "Yes. Yes, of course I'll marry you Cas," you said. Cas slipped the ring onto your finger.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listenin' to our favorite song

When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful

I don't deserve this, darling, you look so perfect tonight

Cas was standing at the altar, fiddling with his hands. Dean placed a hand on his shoulder. "Dude, calm down. Breath, you got this."

Cas nodded, taking deep breaths.

Both of them turned when the door opened. Sam was the one walking you down the aisle, but Cas didn't even notice him. All of his attention was on you. You took his breath away. It wasn't because of the fancy dress, the  makeup, or your hair all done up. Cas had seen you covered in dirt and blood, with your clothes all torn up, and he still thought you were the most beautiful human he had ever seen. But what always took his breath away, was your smile. It was one that was reserved just for him, the one full of love. The one that would always brighten his day.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song

I have faith in what I see

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect

No, I don't deserve this

You look perfect tonight

Castiel may have been an angel of the Lord, but you were his angel. His light in the dark. The calm after a storm. His rock. His world. His everything. His always. Cas was certain he didn't deserve you. But he made sure you knew how beautiful he thought you were, and how important you were to him.

The End

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez