Runaway part 2

Y/N's POV

It's been just over a year since I left the bunker. In that time, the only contact I'd had with my family was my nightly prayer to my Uncle Cas. I avoided cases in Kansas at first, not wanting to run into my dad or uncles. But now that I'm confident in my hunting abilities, I'm currently heading to take down a vamp nest that's just a few hours from the bunker.

When I pull up to an old barn, I can't help the grin on my face when I notice my dad's car parked off to the side. I hop off my bike. Grabbing my machete before going around to the back. Careful not to make a sound as I slip inside unnoticed. Luckily for me, all of the vampires are focused on the two people they have tied to chairs in the middle of the room. Those two people just happen to be my dad and Uncle Sam.

Dean's POV

Me and Sam might be surrounded and tied up at the moment, but we've been in worse situations before. The vamps were busy gloating and hadn't noticed us sawing away at the ropes around our wrists. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Sam had broken his rope. It was time to create a diversion. 

"So you bloodsuckers manage to capture the famous Winchesters. Whoop-de-doo, big deal. If I had a buck for every time we've been captured. Well, let's just say I wouldn't have to hustle pool anymore," I smirked.

At the same time Sam lunged for his machete, a vamp head rolled across the floor. While Sam started decapitating vamps, a mysterious newcomer cut the ropes around my wrists. By the time I turned around to see the face of my rescuer, she was already in the fight.

Her back was to me as she chopped the head off of the last vampire. 

"I always knew I'd save your butts one day," she said. My heart soared at the sound of her voice. I'd know that voice anywhere.

Y/N's POV

I turned around, finally getting my first good look at my dad. Seeing how hard this last year without me had been for him. He had bags under his eyes and his usual stubble had grown into a pretty full beard. He had a shocked expression, but I could see hope in his eyes. "Hey Dad," I said softly, a sheepish smile on my face. As soon as I'd said 'dad', he rushed over, enveloping me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around him. My dad was hugging me tight as he could. I think he was afraid if he let go, I would vanish into thin air. It wasn't long before Uncle Sam joined in.

When we eventually let each go, I suggested we head back to the bunker to catch up. My dad was reluctant at first, not wanting to let me out of his sight. To reassure him, I led the way on my bike.

The impala pulled into the garage just as I was slinging my bags over my shoulder. The sound of Baby's doors creaking open made me smile. Dad and Uncle Sam also had giant grins on their faces as they stepped out of the car. I think they couldn't quite believe that I was really back. "I'm gonna go say hi to Uncle Cas, and shower. Then I'll meet you in the kitchen to talk," I said before leaving the garage. 

Dropping my bags off in my room before heading to the library. That's were I could usually find Uncle Cas. Sure enough, that's where he was. He was sitting at the table reading a book.

"UNCLE CASSIE!!!" I yelled, launching myself to hug the angel. 

Cas wrapped his arms around me. He whispered into my hair, "Y/N, you're back."

"Yeah Uncle Cas. I'm back," I whispered. Grinning I pulled back from the hug. "Now. If you'll excuse me, I need a shower. Then me and my dad are going to have a long overdue talk."

The End

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez