𝟔𝟕 - 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

People nodded, taking on the information, Obi-Wan stroked his beard in thought.

"You may not know much about this planet, I only ever heard stories about it from Dooku but it's said to be home to an ancient Sith temple. The entire planet is clouded with the dark side so we need to be careful." My gaze dropped to the floor "This mission is going to be dangerous. I don't know what we are going to face, but it's not going to be easy. If you can't handle it, now is your time to leave"

I looked back to the crowd, only to be met with eager faces and not one person fleeing from the scene. A smile spread across my face "alright then! we have freighters and I assume some of you brought your own ships, I will put a beacon on mine and speak to you over the comms. Good luck everyone..." I inhaled a breath, taking in the Coruscant morning air with more appreciation this time as it may just be the last "and may the force be with you"

"And with you"

"Good luck General"

"Yes General Skywalker" Some responded with a nod before disbanding off to their designated freighters and ships.

The time had arrived.

Anakin and I took the leading ship sitting side by side, pilot and co-pilot (though we both fought over who got to sit in the pilot's seat. He won.) He kept a reassuring hand on my thigh as we dashed through hyperspace.

"Anakin" I said, staring out into the blue, watery tunnel ahead of us.

"Mhm?" He hummed back.

"...I feel it again"

"Feel what, baby?" he asked lightly.

"The darkness" I responded heavily.

He turned to look at slowly, like he wasn't sure if I had actually said it or not. He didn't say a word, just stared at me, confusion across his eyes but a sense of knowing on the rest of his face.

"It calls to me. When I'm angry, or upset, or even just when I'm alone, it gets to me. It creeps in through memories.Of being manipulated by Dooku for most of my childhood. The look on Athena's face when I...Of Darth Vader, the way he looked at me with such...such hatred. Of Zac. Memories of pain." my fingers knitted into my hair, I was struggling with the images flashing through my mind as I recalled the past "I try not to listen to the calls but sometimes...sometimes they are just so loud that I can't hear anything else"

This wasn't the right time to be telling him this. But I wasn't sure how much time we even had left at this point.

"Look at me"

I didn't move.

"(y/n). Look at me"

As I turned my head towards him, the single tear that had been hanging on for dear life finally fell, racing down my cheek, hurrying to get away before more would follow.

"I don't know what's happening to me" My voice cracked under my barely audible whisper.

"I love you"

"I know but-"

"No I don't think you do know. I love YOU. YOU. I love the girl who was trying to kill me the first time we met. I love the girl who was meant to be a sith lord for gods sake! I love the girl who has never had it easy, but through it all has been strong. You are so strong baby. The strongest person I've ever known" he took both my hands in his, pleading for me to understand "I didn't fall in love with the girl for her goodness. I didn't fall in love with her because of the light she possessed. I fell in love with her because she was you. Darkness and all. She's my girl. You are my girl. My sweetheart"