part ten

*Aces POV*

"Dada," Sage said, with his big toothless grin. At that moment my heart stopped. He said his first word. I could feel a smile making its way to my face. I could feel Athenas gaze on me, I just smiled harder. "That was his first word!" Athena said with joy. I'm glad I could share this moment with her, "yeah." I whispered under my breath. I still can't believe it, Sage's first word. Wait till I tell Gio about this! I quickly took Sage from Athena and started giving him all kinds of kisses on his face. He started laughing making my heart warm. "Mama," Sage said looking at Athena now. "Oh my god." She whispered shocked. I just laughed it off. She's about to be sage, I thought.

          I looked back at Athena and saw she had an even bigger smile on her face. She just looked down and smiled at him before looking back up at me. God if I could just make her mine right now I would. She's not like anyone else I have ever met, let alone been with.

        She is so selfless and caring, it's amazing. I don't want my lifestyle to mess her up, but I'm too selfish to ever give her up. I didn't realize I was staring when She began to blush. She was just so fucking cute. Sage and Athena are all I need, and now I need to find a way to make it happen.

She began to walk out of the bathroom, she placed Sage down on the changing table putting a diaper on him, she then, put his clothes on, finger brushing his hair. She placed a kiss on his temple putting him in his crib. He usually sleeps with me but has no problem sleeping in his crib.

She turned on a night light for him, giving him one last kiss, I walked over to them and kissed Sage myself. Athena and I walked towards the door, not forgetting to turn the light off behind us, as well as close the door. She started walking down the hall, past her room. Where is she going? I called out for her, "Athena, where are you going?" I asked, "I'm going to the garden, you can join if you'd like." She said. I just smiled in return and followed behind her. Our walk through the house was in comfortable silence.

We were just enjoying each other's presence. Once we got to the garden, she sat on the grass, by a tree, she was looking out on the now dark sky, lit up by the moon and thousands of stars. I slowly sat down next to her. "It's so beautiful." She started breaking the silence, I had been staring at her this whole time, "yeah it's is." I said back. She had a small smile that lit up her face.

At this moment I realized she the one, and I would do anything to keep her, even if she wanted to leave. I think I'm starting to fall in love with her? No, do I? It's probably just feelings, I don't know what love is, I was never shown it. "Hey ace, you said I could talk to you, right?" She asked, now glancing over her shoulder to me. "Of course," I said, I was already looking at her, hell I have been this whole time.

"Ace, I like you. And I don't know what it is that I'm feeling, but I was wondering if maybe we could go on a date or something. It's okay if you don't feel the same way." She said. I felt my breathing stop for a moment, she likes me back? I couldn't be happier, tonight is one of the second-best days ever, a smile was now rising on my face, I think I was stuck in thought too long, because she started again, "as I said okay if you don't want to go." She was now looking back at the sky.

I could see her check heated from embarrassment, "Athena, I would love to." I said while laughing at her embarrassment. She let out a sigh of relief, "You know I heard you and Gios conversation earlier." She laughed out. What conversation. Oh. Now my cheeks were heating from embarrassment. I just coughed, trying to clear my throat, god why does he always have to embarrass me. But some part of me is glad he did that because Athena wouldn't know how I felt if he didn't. Don't get me wrong he's still getting his ass beat.