part nine

*Athens POV*

         I just gave Ace his pasta, and on my way back to my room, I heard Sage cry. I think I heard him in the room right across from Ace's office. I slowly crept toward the door and opened it to see...Aces bedroom. I knew this because you could smell his strong cologne. It was mainly made up of greys and blacks. Our rooms were like opposites. Mine was colourful and cozy, and he was...dark. I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized why I was here.

        I headed towards Sage on the bed, and saw he was cuddling my blanket? I didn't even have time to fully process it before he was, crying louder. I quickly went over to the bed unwrapping him from the blanket and bringing him to my chest. He stopped almost immediately, he was still whimpering which lead me to believe he hasn't been fed yet. I walked out of Aces room, closing the door behind me, walking towards the kitchen.

      I had already remembered where it was because I had made some pasta for Ace not too long ago. Sage was still against my chest whimpering, I'm pretty sure he's listening to my heartbeat. I finally made it to the kitchen after what seemed hours. I opened the fridge to see the leftover pasta still there.

        I took it out, putting it into a smaller bowl and popping that into the microwave. While the pasta was heating up, I put everything away, grabbing a baby fork for Sage. Once I heard the ding, I opened the microwave stirring the pasta around a little and blowing on it.

       I walked over to the dining room seeing a high chair. I placed him in it, sitting next to him. I cut up the noodles into smaller sizes feeding the pasta to him. Once he finished half of the bowl I figured he had enough, and took him out of the high chair. He placed his head on my chest once again. And began to play with my hair.

        My heart did little flips, because of how cute he was. For some reason, my heart likes to do this when I'm around Ace. He's just so damn handsome, and he just makes me nervous. Today when he slapped my ass, I was so shocked. I'm glad he couldn't see my face because it was so red. It's weird because I've never felt this way for anyone. I think I have a crush on him? I'll have to ask violet, she's way more experienced at this than me.

          I made my way back to the kitchen putting the leftovers in the trash and putting Sages dishes in the sink. I'll clean those later, right now I need a nap. I walked back down the long hallway, I used to come up here. I saw a guard walk past me, he gave me a weird look before continuing. I've seen at least five guards so far, all different men and women. And so far one has talked to me, he was asking who I was, I had to explain I was Sage's new nanny. He looked so relieved and so happy.

         No one has been getting sleep because he has been crying a lot recently. Anyways, I made it to my room, I should change, I looked down at my mom's jeans and black shirt, yeah I'm going to change. I opened a random box to find an oversized shirt. This doesn't look like it belongs to me, but right now I couldn't care. I tossed to on the bed, and dug deport and found a pair of shorts. I guess that can work.

       I laid Sage down on my bed, walking into my walk-in bathroom. Yes, I can officially say, I Athena Grey have a walk-in bathroom. I quickly changed and went back to my room. I saw Sage practically asleep by now. I turned my light off and crawled into bed next to him. I got us under the covers and cuddled him into my chest. I slowly drifted into darkness.

               * a Few hours later*

           I felt something moving in my arms. I slowly peeled my eyes open to see Sage moving around. After a few minutes, he finally got comfortable and started to fall asleep. I just watched him in awe, how can someone be so damn cute. I looked at my bedside table and saw it was six, wow, Sage and I napped pretty long.