The birthday

James and I were exhausted. A total of twenty-five no that's not right twenty-six hours were spent healing the six and trying to revive people. Using potions on ourselves such as in wide-eye potion or charms do keep us awake. But at some point, the spells stop working. When retiring home I thought nothing but sleep. When we apparated back to the house our senses were overwhelmed by party poppers, streamers, cheers and the like. The pair of us groaned a wave of tiredness washing over us once more as the effects started wearing off.

"What a way to greet your family on your birthday." Mum gasped fashioning her famous floral dress with a set of pearls shining against the light. Lisa squeezed through the family with a sigh.

"I'm sorry I tried telling them. They were just so excited." James looked at me and I sighed knowing no one would leave until at least the cake was eaten. We were hungry, to say the least, and it was already six pm.

"What happened?" Her eyebrows knitted together and at synchronised timing, we rubbed the back of our necks.

"Dragon attack in a small village."

"We were asked to help with first aid by the minister." finishing each other's sentences from the long breaths each of us had to take all the happy cheers died down.

"Of course nothing we can't handle. This is us we're talking about."

"Dreamteam." giving a little jazz hand James chuckled rolling his eyes. "We'll just get changed. Dragon venom and all that." on instinct mum frowned slightly turning the cake away from us as we walked past. Hannah's family was here along with Fred's. But Fred wasn't in sight. Wow, we really did forget.

"I bet ill be ready first." James sang as we made it up the stairs.

"Well yeah. You don't need makeup not were you the one who had to walk through that swamp." He gave me a cheeky grin walking off the opposite direction to my room. Hannah and James have the room closest to the kitchen while mines by our little library. Mainly holding potion and herbology books for work. Opening my bedroom door all I wanted was to flop onto the bed. Resisting the urge I went straight to the bathroom to remove my clothes and scrub off the ash and coal that dusted over my skin. It was worse on my hands and forehead. Must be from the sweating. Freshening up along with some perfume at least I didn't look so tired now. Walking out in a short film robe just until I'd changed I jumped out of my skin when Fred stood there holding a wrapped up box.

"Freddie!" I breathed, hand clutched against my chest.

"I heard what happened. You sure you're fit enough for a party?" There was a glint in his eye, feeling me he oh so wanted to laugh but held against it.

"Of course. A few more hours will be fine. So you came up here to...?" Fred bit his lip taking hold of my hand and tugged me up against him and the box he held.

"To make sure you're alright. Without the prying ears of our families."

"And?" I breathed hands sliding up to his shoulders, Fred chuckled. Taking hold of his suit collar I tugged fred closer and he lifted the gift wrapped up for me. "So what's this?" Biting my lip Fred let me open the box. It was a pendant, for the necklace I always wore with a vile of a common antidote. "This is amazing Fred." I smiled kissing him on the cheek.

"That's not all it does." I noticed the same small pendant pinned to his coat. Getting out his wand the pendant glowed. "All you do is say this spell then a message you want to send and..." Suddenly what Fred just said whispered in my ear. My eyebrows raised, gasping in surprise I jumped up wrapping both arms around him.

"This is amazing how did you..." Fred kissed me softly, taking off the long necklace he blindly put the pendant on the chain as our lips stayed together.

"And I may have come here to see you in this silk robe." Giggling I felt him after putting the necklace back on Fred's hands wandered down my sides. There was a knock on the door and a hunch told me who it was.

"Now before you get angry at me for the interruption. I was either me banging in the door or mum barging in seeing her daughter in the middle of intercourse." Letting out a breathless laugh at Jess's comment Fred smiled at me. Going over and peaking open the door she was leant against the wall smirking at me.

"I was not. Fred was giving me a birthday present."

"Yeah in an enclosed room alone in nothing but a silk robe. Right ok. Everyone is waiting for you so lover boy better come back down or there will be a beat down on this door." The sing-song voice made my eyes roll and I shoved her. "Don't belong." Jess laughed walking away. Fred was right behind me and leant forward kissing my head.

"I'll meet you down there."He breathed out. Opening the door for him I took hold of his sleeve kissing Fred once more before he went back down the stairs. A very deep sigh escaped me knowing id see my bed wanting so bad for me to be sleeping right now. Changing into a dress and flats knowing if I were to wear heels there's a chance I'd fall down the stairs.
So after three more minutes of fumbling around and redoing my hair, I walked down the stairs to join the party.

"You owe me ten," James said waiting by the stairs and I responded with a shove to his shoulder.

"I never made such a deal. It's my birthday can't you let it slide?"

"It's my birthday too." That's when we both broke off with a laughing fit. Hugging until Heather of is could breathe for moment.

"Ha-ppy birth-day bro." I wheezed out from the tightness of the hug. Another normal birthday in this household.