The Cave

There wasn't a flicker of a moment where I regretted last night. Fred slept soundly beside me to which I knew he'd stay for a while. My thoughts went back to all the work I had left to do, I'd told myself I'd not work for the first few hours in the day to ensure I'd eat, shower and relax before working until late into the night.

Just thinking all this made me stir in the bed Fred's arm went around my waist before he sighed shoulders relaxing. Turning over kissing his jawline I sat up getting out of my bed.

I was bare, I'd fallen straight asleep being so tired not that it mattered having a bathroom connected to my bedroom. Glancing over to the full-length mirror to which I saw bite marks running along my thighs sighing when noticing the ones around my chest and neck i knew there was going to be teasing for James if he noticed. No doubt he'll tease either way when seeing Fred. Waiting a moment for the shower to heat up I tried detangling my hair from the knots weaved throughout it. Only to hiss lightly. Getting a spray I brushed out the knots feeling the wave of heat from the shower just before stepping inside the bathroom door opened a tired Fred stood in the doorway leaning against the frame with a goofy smile on his face.

"anything to say about this?" I questioned gesturing to the marks along my skin.

"I'd make a good artist." Rolling my eyes a breathless laugh followed. Fred stepped into the bathroom the door shutting behind him.

"You look tired Fred. You should sleep some more." He didn't listen and peeled off his underwear. Biting my lip I spun my heel before Fred could see that I was staring. Moving the curtain Fred stepped in with me. The water was quite hot. The way I like it but hot water can make you dizzy when ill. As I went to turn it down for Fred he took hold of my arm sliding his fingers to my shoulders.

"The temperature is fine love. No need to make it ice cold." He chuckled kissing my forehead the water hit both our heads as we stared at one another. Fred lent in making me think this shower was going to be more proactive than my first intentions were. "Do you want me to wash your hair?" His husked voice for some reason made me giggle and nod.

"Good morning." James smirked when Fred and I made it to the kitchen.

"You're out of bed James?" Although he'd be walking about the house the last few days James and Hannah had mostly been recovering in their shared room.

"Making some breakfast for Hannah. We're visiting her family before the wedding next week." The wedding it's coming up. Crazy to think that.

"Sure you're up for the travel?" James waved me off before walking past hipping me as he went past.

"I'm a tough nut, Hannah is too I put Bayroot in our tea to keep us going. "

"Best of luck." But to my dismay, he stopped next to Fred nodding. He'd normally do some weird guy thing as a sort of hug or handshake but had two mugs.

"The man of the hour. Please tell me you'll get (y/n) out of the office for the day. I can handle the last ten before heading out for the day."

"I'll force her out don't you worry." My arms crossed and I glared at the pair of them.

"I'm right here." James chuckled as we both stuck out our tongues at the same time.

"Have fun sis. You deserve the time off." He left before anything else could be said. Fred smiled leaning in kissing me.

"I have work at the shop just before lunch but we can go where ever before then." I tried thinking of something when Fred slammed a hand on the table. "I know just the place."

We were in the middle of nowhere. A forest and while Fred told me to stay put I leant against the tree taking in the cool forest air. It was raining lightly which was covered by the surrounding trees but the pitter-patter of the droplets hitting each exposed leaf sent me into a trance.

"Close your eyes," Fred spoke just behind the tree I was standing at. Smiling doing just that he slid in front of me crunching the leaves at his feet as he went. To my surprise, Fred kissed me softly. In response both my hands went against his chest feeling Fred suck in a breath before pulling back. "Open." As my eyes readjusted to the light they squinted seeing Fred grinning before me with a broomstick.

"What's all this?" saying this as my lips curved into a smile Fred beamed at me.

"Just past these trees is a cave filled with water. I'll explain more once we get down there." The Fred got on and waited for me to sit behind me. My arms went around his waist, my body pressing against Freds back. "You ready." nodding he lifted off flying through the forest with ease. Seeing the clearing up ahead past the last few trees Fred flew in and the water-filled cave had crystal clear water as fred slowed down a fair bit.

"What's in here Freddie?" Questioning him this it wasn't until we rounded a corner that the light of the entrance disappeared. To my surprise, a new light came from above, glow worms. My grip tightened on fred seeing the water below reflect the light perfectly as if starlight. "It's beautiful here. Amazing." gaping out in awe Fred stilled for a moment.

"It really is." Kissing the side of his neck, feeling the goosebumps rise up on Fred's neck I giggled. It echoed in the cave and so Fred flew over to a small ledge for us to sit on. "Do you like it here?" He spoke after a few minutes. Of looking around only hearing the odd drop of water falling into the pool below us.

"I love it. Perfect date spot." he grinned wrapping an arm around me. Resting my head on his shoulder we talked about nothing and everything all at once. In a whisper thinking being loud would disturb the glow worms and the quieter we were the closer we felt.

"You know I've never felt this way about anyone," Fred admitted in a long breath. "It's always been about the joke shop with George nothing else." our goals were similar in a way, finish school start a business. Of course, my goal was with healing and Freds was about jokes slash pranks. But laughter is the best medicine.

"I could say the same thing. James and I were always so focused on our goal I was so shocked when finding out he was dating Hannah. It took a while to get used to." Fred hummed more than likely thinking of George. "Don't worry I know the bond you have with George. I'll never split you two apart and I'm sure James will be around the corner like always." Fred chuckled weaving his free hand with mine. I never knew holding another person's hand could be so intimate as a kiss or hug but as we sat together in the cold slightly damp ground of that beautiful cave is never felt this close to anyone. Even more so than James and I wouldn't have said this ever before.