CHAPTER 39

"Dad" I hugged dad as I saw him sitting on the couch in the office. I went home almost 12 midnight last night and I never saw Kyle this morning too.

Nakarating na sila dad at Mr. Miller kanina at dumiretso na sa opisina dahil na rin sa mga reporters na nagkalat. The issue spread like wildfire. Kaninang umaga lang ay laman na kami ng balita at maraming reporters ang nag-aabang sa harap ng building namin.

They went straight to the office from the airport for a short briefing about the problem. They're now tracking whoever stole the money of the company. 

"Sir, nandito na po ang mga pulis" daddy's secretary announce at kasunod niyang pumasok ang 3 pulis na humahawak sa kaso.

We reported it to the police yesterday at tinutulungan na nila kaming i track ang bank account.

"Good morning sir, ma'am" bati ng police officer saamin.

We all sat quietly and waited for his report.

"We already tracked the owner of the bank account. It was made under a person named Nicholas Quevas but we have learned that this is a fake Identity." nagulat kaming lahat sa sinabi ng pulis. They handed us a copy of transactions made from 2 years ago and every transaction came from the company.

The last transaction was just last month, worth 200 million pesos. Who would steal such money from the company?!

"We're now looking into every stakeholder of the company. We traced someone who have a link on the account. But we don't have concrete evidence yet." we were all silent, anticipating. Whoever stole this big amount of money might have an access to company's assets.

"Who?" I asked impatiently.

"It's Andrew Leviste"

The whole room was dead silent. The police officers already left yet we're still here trying to process everything.

"He visited me yesterday" I said. They all looked at me confused, and shocked. It's obvious that all of us are feeling all negative emotions.

"What do you mean?" Shawn asked as he sat beside me. He held my head hoping that he can comfort me.

"He went to my office yesterday. There was no hint of worry in his face. H-he was happy?" I sound unsure. I can't believe he have something to do with this. He'd been pestering me but I never thought he would do such thing. He seems like a decent man.

"I can't believe that asshole betrayed me." Dad said. I just learned that they've been friends since high school. He was once poor but dad helped me and gave him shares from the company. It mist be very heartbreaking for him.

"Let's go home first. Rian need rest, tito, dad. I'll send her home" Shawn insisted kaya pumayag na rin ako. I felt drained. Dad urged me to go home too and promised to send us an update.