CHAPTER 35

We both ate in silence. No one talked but the atmosphere is comforting. We just exchanged meaningful looks hanggang sa matapos kaming kumain.

I don't know what to say. Everything's going pretty fast and it's confusing.

Kyle held my hand at inaya akong umupo sanisang bench malapit sa cliff. Here, you can overlook the city lights and busy roads. It feels so serene. Samahan pa ng tahimik na paligid at malamig na hangin, everything feels right.

"What happened?" Kyle suddenly asked. He's holding my hand and okaying with my fingers. Nakatingin lang siya sa tanawin sa harap.

I looked at him, confused. I don't know what he wants to know.

"What happened that night? T-the accident?" he looked at me in the eyes. Worry and guilt are visible. This is the first time he asked me about that night. I don't know where to start. That terrible night haunted me for months until I got better.

I held his hand using my two hands and diverted my attention there.

"That day, dad came home. For the first time, he told me he'll come home. But, he just went home to deliver a bad news. We had to transfer to the US for his company. Ofcourse, I was furious. But that didn't end there. He told me that I am getting married." I felt Kyle stilled. I looked at him to assess his reaction pero bakas ang gulat sa mukha niya.

"S-si Shawn ba?"

"Yes. They are rich and influential kaya hindi nagdalawang isipsi daddy na iarrange ang kasal namin. Galit na galit ako dahil don. I asked him kung napag-usapan na ba nila ni mom ang desisyon niya. But what he told me broke me the most. He knew. He knew that mom was cheating on him. And mom would never come back again." unti-unting namumuo ang luha sa mga mata ko. Sinubukan kong pigilan ang pagtulo ng luha ko pero hindi ko kinaya. Naramdaman ko ang mahigpit na hawak ni Kyle sa kamay ko.

"She left us. She left me. I-I was so hurt, so sad... I don't know. I expected you to be there. That day, I thought you will visit me in the house. I thought you will be worried kasi umabsent ako sa hapon. Hinintay kita buong hapon. But you never came. I went to your house and looked for you. It was you whom I needed the most that time Kyle. But you weren't there" I can feel his stares. He started caressing my back and caged me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry" paulit-ulit niyang bigkas.

"I needed to escape everything. I don't want to leave this place. I don't want to leave you. My mind was in chaos and everything was draining. I-I drove, drunk. Then the most stupid idea popped up in my mind. I tried to k-kill m-myself. I tried to kill myself, Kyle" tuluyan na akong napahagulgol. He hugged me tighter and kept whispering comforting words.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry." He just kept caressing my back. He hugged me together and kissed my head. I'm crying my heart out. I noticed, he' crying to we. We share the same pain. We are crying together. We can overcome this together.

We hugged each other and fell into a deep silence. Everything feels surreal. Everything feels to be in its right places. After a very long time, Its good to feel at home again.

As minutes passed, I finally calmed down. I feel better pagkatapos kong ilabas lahat. Kumalas ako sa yakap ni Kyle at inayos ang mukha ko.

"Feeling better?" he helped me fix my hair. I was wiping my tears away when he suddenly cupped my face.

"I'm sorry for leaving you that night. I'm so sorry for being a coward. I am so sorry for disregarding your feelings. I thought you cans still wait for me. I was so occupied with the thought of being the best for you that I failed to protect you. I love you, Rian. I promise, I'll never leave your side again" his eyes are full of love. His words touched my heart, and my eyes started to pool with tears again.

He's now staring at my lips. He brought himself closer to me. I can now feel his breath in my face, he getting closer and closer.

"I love you, Rian" he close d his eyes and so did I. Our faces go closer and closer with each other. I can hear our hearts beating in rhythm.

His lips reached mine. A sweet, passionate kiss. My first kiss, with my first love.

My hands traveled to his nape and his hand is guiding my head. His other hand is in my waist, pulling me closer to him.

The kiss got deeper and deeper. I can feel his passion, his love... his hunger. God, I love him.

We were lost in our own bubble. Excluding everyone around us. Its just me and him, feeling each others love.

"OH SHIT!" the heat that was building suddenly sank. We were interrupted with a phone call.

I can feel the heat from my face. Hindi ako makatingin sa kanya. I can still feel his stare at me.

Tangina kasi yan ! Ang pangit ng timing!

"U-uhm. I'll just answer the call" pilit ko pa ring iniiwasan ang mga mata niya. His mood suddenly turned sour and his eyes was sad.

"Is it Shawn?" he asked bitterly. My heart ached. Oo nga pala, he doesn't know yet. Gusto ko sanang ipaintindi sa kanya pero tuloy tuloy pa rin ang ingay mula sa cellphone ko.

"Go ahead, answer it. I'm fine" he smiled bitterly. Tumango ako at medyo lumayo sa gawi niya. I answered Shawn's call. This better be important para naman worth it ang pagsira niya sa gabi ko.

"What?!" naiirita kong sagot sa kanya. He just gasped jokingly.

"Wow. You sound so mad, huh? It should be me who's mad!" what is he talking about?

"What are you talking about?" lumingon lingon ako sa paligid. I can feel someone watching me again. Hindi ko makita mula rito ang bench na inuupuan namin ni Kyle kanina, at medyo madilim sa part na 'to.

"I wanted to surprise you! I've been home for about 5 hours now! You're driver told me you're already coming home 3 hours ago! Where are you?!" shit! Nakauwi na pala siya?! Tanga lang, ba't naging kasalanan ko pa? May pasurprise surprise pa kasi.

"Really?! OMG, okay okay, pauwi na 'ko" I immediately ended the call because I felt someone standing behind me. I turned around with a big smile on my face, thinking it was Kyle. But it wasn't.

"Mr. Venturi" what is he doing here?

"Brianna. Nice to see you here!" Nagulat naman ako ng bigla nuya akong niyakap. Napaatras ako at ginamit na panangga ang mga braso.

"Oh, sorry. Anyway, see you around" he left with a playful smirk in his face. I watched him walking away, still confused of his actions. I was preoccupied when I went back to Kyle.

"Kailangan ko nang umuwi. Nakabalik na si Shawn" napatungo siya sa sinabi ko. His face looks sad.

"Tara" he held my hand again. I can't see his face but I'm sure, he looks so down. I'm sorry Kyle. I promise to tell you soon.

Habang binabagtas ang daan pauwi, a text message came from an unknown number.

Unknown Sender

What a sight to see. Such an emotional scene. Enjoy your time with him, Rian. As you'll be mine soon.

What the hell does he want?