Chapter 24

Once everyone had gone to bed, Katara and Dai in separate tents in the water, Toph in a sandy earthy cave as far from the water as possible, and Aang and Sokka near Appa, he slid into Katara's tent and scooted close, his knees touching hers. "Meditating?" She was sitting with her legs crossed, one hand in the other.

Athlea opened her blue eyes and looked at him, head tilting to the side slightly, a small smile on her face. "I'm done now." She spoke calmly.

"Oh, good," he said, smiling. "I wouldn't wanna interrupt."

Athlea giggled at his reaction. "Don't worry, you're never interrupting," she reassured him with a nod. "I had a hard time concentrating earlier but usually it isn't a problem with people around, so don't worry."

Zuko frowned. "There are a lot of people," he said.

"I think this day went on with complete success," she said with a nod as she looked at him.

He leaned his forehead against hers. "It was indeed. Yet another day of near-death experiences."

Her blue eyes looked into his golden ones. "I mean, I think for us it was pretty... relaxing, in a way," she said with a giggle.

"It was relaxing, until they launched onto shore and sprayed us with water," he agreed.

Her hands moved to his shoulders and she leaned back, pulling him on top of her. He moved his hands to catch himself, his face red, which earned a giggle from Athlea. Her own cheeks turned red and she bit her lower lip. "But I think this is the calm before the storm. I have this weird feeling," she said with a shrug as she leaned up, giving him a peck on the lips.

"Just relax for once. There will be a big fight soon, but we can get through it." He leaned down and kissed her gently, his hand cupping her neck. She closed her eyes, kissing him back, her hands behind his neck as well. "Just relax for once," he murmured, so close that their lips brushed, his cheeks still red.

"I'll try my best," she spoke quietly against his lips, a smile on her own.

Zuko hugged her close and rolled onto his side. Athlea wrapped her arms around him. "It's too dark outside," he said mischievously. "I couldn't find my tent. I think I'll have to share yours."

She raised her eyebrows. "Mhm... Couldn't find your tent, huh?" she said, smiling. "You tease," she added, shaking her head slightly.

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Disappeared into the shadows," he murmured.

He smirked, tracing his finger along her upper arm. "So tomorrow. You meditate with Aang, and then I show him the moves, yes?"

She nodded. "Looking forward to seeing you in action," she said with a playful wink.

He raised an eyebrow. "We'll have to sleep for that to happen," he said regretfully. He pulled his blanket in from the tent flap and shook it off before covering up and falling asleep, still hugging her.

***

A/N short little filler... my my these two are cheeeesy