Chapter 50

Athlea had changed outfits. She was now wearing a semi-armored black dress with red trim and spaghetti straps, a red choker around her neck and her ribbon in her hair, armored sleeves pulled up to her biceps. She had taken off with her General and Co-Commander of the Imperial Bodyguard, Golta. He was a fair-skinned man with long black hair held in a silver clip. He wore heavy silver armor made of metal with red metal trim on the elbows and shoulders. Red lace hung from one of his elbows and was bunched around his waist, held there by a few thin black belts. The shirt underneath his armor was red with a silver collar, his eyes gold. "Where are we off to, Fire Lady?" he asked, his voice calm but cold and distant as they left the Palace grounds.

"The Black Market of the Fire Nation," Athlea responded, leading him winding through alleys and streets.

"Um Fire Lady--"

"We're out of the Palace and around Commoners now. Call me Athlea."

Golta cleared his throat. "Right, I apologize. Athlea, how do you know these roads?"

She smirked. "I know these shortcuts like the back of my hand," was all she said.

"Right..."

Soon enough, they were in a market. The people there were clearly shady, their clothes dark, some of them wearing masks. A tavern stood at one side of the clearing, with tables outside, selling weapons, maps, and more.

"H-how did I not know about this?" Golta muttered.

Althea proceeded further into the market. "Let's see what we can find out about Delun." She glanced over her shoulder. She stopped, raising an eyebrow, her gaze on a tall black-haired man.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Let's go into the tavern. There are lots of psychopaths there. One of them has to know Delun," Athlea said, turning around and walking again. Inside the bar, there were only three women other than Athlea. She led Golta to a table near a few mercenaries that were speaking eagerly about some "plan". Athlea looked from Golta to their table a few times.

Suddenly another woman rushed forward, bumping past Golta's seat. "Athlea!" she said, hugging the Fire Lady. "What are you doing? Why are you here?" The woman leaned away; it was Katara. She glanced around, shuddering.

Golta blinked. Athlea covered Katara's mouth with her hand and pulled her over to a chair, pushing her into it. "Shh... Lower your tone."

Golta cleared his throat. "Miss Katara, that's a good question for you as well," he said charmingly, his eyes fixed on her.

"You two talk," Athlea said. "I need to eavesdrop." Athlea stood and walked to the bar, waving over the bartender.

Katara blinked at Golta. "Good question," she responded. "I got lost." She glanced down at the table.

Golta's eyes went cold. "Keep quiet. You're in the black market of the Fire Nation. Fire La--Athlea decided to find out about Delun and take him down in revenge."

"Don't tell me what to do," Katara muttered, glaring at him. Golta crossed his arms, returning the look.

Athlea returned, sitting once more. "Please listen to Golta. He's the only one that's understood me lately. I've been treated like some weak girl lately because of the incident. I'm not." She took a sip of her drink.

Katara narrowed her eyes. "Nobody thinks you're weak, Athlea. We're just letting you recover."

Athlea gave her a look. "And yet you treat me as if I am. All of you. And I'm sick of it." Her tone was annoyed and she looked forward again. "Yeah, the first day was awful, but now I can manage. 'Athlea stay back, Athlea don't work, Athlea relax, Athlea this, Athlea that.' Because of a psychopath, I lost my baby, and I need revenge."