Death becomes her

Start from the beginning

"Okay." She sniffled into the phone then passed the phone to Rose.

"Mommy, I wasn't scared, I was a big girl. I even held Freya's hand when the big mean-looking men came to get us from the house. I told them that daddy Noah is a cop that carries a gun and everything, but they laughed and said that daddy Noah can't hurt them, so, do wanna know what I told them?"

I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes, "What did you tell them, baby."

She spoke with confidence and certainty in her voice, "I told them that my real daddy is a big scary monster that lives in the darkness and if they hurt us, he will come for them, gobbling them all up when they are sleeping."

My eyes went wide with shock, "Wa-what?" I stumbled over the word, "Who told you that about your dad?"

I spoke into the phone, but my eyes were on her as she lifted her little hand and pointed at Noah.

"Daddy Noah told me, but..." She trailed off.

"But what?" I prompted and she continued, "I forgot that I wasn't supposed to tell you."

I turned; the phone still held to my ears. "You told my six years old daughter that her father is a monster that lives in the dark?!"

Noah's only reaction was to shrug his shoulders. "I told her something close to the truth as I could."

I looked at him in disbelief and was about to say something to him but stopped her I heard Killian's voice on the phone. I turned back to look at them and he was kneeling next to Rosey.

"Your daddy is indeed a monster of the scariest kind that thrives in the darkness, and he will gobble all the bad guys up who even dear to try and hurt you."

I froze as my daughter looked at him as if she's now seeing him for the first time. I couldn't clearly see her expression, but I knew she must be furrowing her little brow, trying to figure out who the big scary guy covered in blood was.

She leaned forward and to my utter surprise, asked, "Do you know my daddy?"

I sucked in a breath when Killian replied, "I do, would you like to meet him?"

"Killian," I warned, but he ignored me.

My daughter gasped, intrigued now. "My daddy is alive?" She asked with excitement and uncertainty.

"Yes, he is. Would you like to meet him?" Killian said very calmly.

I, on the other hand, was freaking out inside. My stomach was doing somersaults and black flips and I felt the tension build as I waited for their interaction to continue.

She furiously nodded her little head, saying, "Uh-huh, uh-huh."

Killian smiled, then held out his hand to her. She hesitated a bit, but then put her tiny hands into his larger one. Killian removed a locket from around his neck that I didn't notice on him earlier then flicked it open, placing it in her hands.

He took the phone from her so that she can fully inspection the content of the locket. She squinted her eyes, looking intently at what was inside then she gasped.

"I can see mommy in there, and...and you."

Her little head shot up, realisation hitting her. She started at Killian as if he was an alien.

"Are you my daddy?" She asked.

Killian nodded his head, "Yes, I am."

A dramatic intake of breath broke the tension I was feeling. She turned to face in my direction, screaming, "Mommy, is he, my real daddy?!" Excitement evidenced in her voice.