"Know how to operate one of these?" Eli questioned with a raised brow as he glanced at the foreign controllers before me.

"Guess we'll find out," I replied, studying the set of buttons cluelessly.

"How did you do it?" Eli suddenly asked.

"What?" I questioned him.

"How did you start her up?" he rephrased his question. "I refuse to believe that Grendel and his team never touched her nose before for ten consecutive years."

I paused as my mind attempted to come out with an answer. "I'm not too sure," I replied. "But I got a feeling that it has something to do with Slugfu."

"Slugfu?" he asked, clearly surprised. "What do you mean 'Slugfu'?"

"I felt the same wave of energy flowing through my body when I started her up," I replied, and Eli seems to understand what I was saying as he nodded with his jaw slightly dropped. "That's strange," he commented.

"I know," I replied as a thought came through my mind. "Is it possible that she's from the Eastern Caverns?"

"They seldom manufacture mecha beasts there but that is a possibility," Eli replied and shrugged. "We'll have to ask Junjie the next time we visit him."

I nodded. I haven't had the chance to meet Junjie, but the gang had told me and Mia a ton about him, including his dark history of being the Dark slinger, Peach Blossom Spring Cavern and the fallen Emperor.

"So, Eli," Kord called out as he rode up next to Eli with a proud smirk. "Ready to show our latest members what our mechas can actually do?"

I raised an eyebrow as Mia rode up next to me. Trixie and Pronto soon joined us, forming a horizontal line across the road.

"Sounds good!" Eli said with confidence and turned to Mia and I. "I apologise for keeping this a secret from you guys, but the truth is, our mechas can do more than just running around the caverns."

"We have special modes!" Kord added, and the gang each pulled out a helmet and wore them. Mia and I exchanged a glance as Kord loaded up a Phosphoro into his blaster and pointed a finger at a flagpole of the Beast Forge at the other side of the river.

"Last one to reach that flagpole is paying for dinner!"

He fired his Phosphoro and it let out some fireworks, before they drove off. Mia was handling her mecha quite well, but she was, once again, leaving me behind.

"Wait! I don't even know how to walk my mecha!" I screamed in defence, but they were long gone. After they speeded for a few seconds, the gang, except for Mia, pressed on a green button on their mechas. My eyes widened as I witnessed their mechas transformed into vehicle mode.

The front and rear legs of Eli's mecha retracted, and was replaced by two wheels, one at the front and the other at the back, where the mecha's limbs once were. His mecha's face shrunk into a narrower fit, creating a more streamlined figure. The boys' mechas transmuted into sick motorcycles while Boomer altered into a four-wheeled cart.

With newfound speed, the four raced down the road for the flagpole, creating a lengthening gap between Mia and them. Eli did a wheelie with his newly formed motorcycle and screamed with excitement, which made him looked super badass and striking.