But he never did.

And deep down, Tommy was so glad. He had no clue what he'd have done if Dream did leave the room, leaving him alone. But instead, he stayed, sitting on the same chair he'd woken up, careful not to disturb Tommy.

But guilt was eating at the young boy, who turned to Dream suddenly.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered, and Dream, who was falling asleep again, looked at the boy with a sad smile.

"Tommy don't be sorry" he whispered back, pulling Tommy into a small hug.

"I shouldn't have said that" Tommy cried into Dream's shirt, who just carefully rubbed his back, making sure not to hurt the boy.

"You forgave me Tommy, but that doesn't mean you were impelled to forget. Don't be sorry bud."

"I'm sorry" Tommy sobbed, ignoring what Dream had told him seconds ago. Dream let out a small chuckle, before whispering a small "It's okay bud."

Tommy tried to look at Dream in the face, but then came to the alerting realization that he could not see through his left eye.

Dream slowly frowned. "Tommy, I know this is going to be hard to hear but-"

"But what? Dream why can't I see through my eye, Dream wha-"

"Deep breaths" Dream interrupted, sitting down on the bed with the boy. "Take a deep breath."

Tommy and Dream sat in silence trying to even out Tommy's breath, and Dream looked at him in sympathy.

"Do you remember anything that happened on that day?"

Tommy took a second to think, before remembering how Techno had ran his sword over Tommy's eye. Tommy's jaw slowly dropped, and he turned to Dream, pleading that what he thought happened wasn't true.

But the look on Dream's face was brought to a tight smile, and Tommy realized that he might not be able to see out of his left eye for a long time.

"Dream... how long?" he asked, pointing to his eyes.

Dream shrugged his shoulders before reluctantly saying, "I don't know. The doctors, they don't either."

They sat in awkward silence for a while, before Dream spoke up.

"You know, they found Techno. He's in the dungeon right now."

"We have a dungeon?" Tommy asked excitedly, sitting upon his arms before collapsing on the bed in pain.

"Oh god, Tommy, your arm, Jesus Christ. Don't touch that arm, or use it" Dream panicked, helping Tommy sit up.

"I wanna get off this bed," Tommy whined, and Dream thought about it for a second, before shrugging.

"I mean, you haven't hurt your foot have you?"

Tommy shook his head excitedly, and Dream helped him out of the bed. Just that second, a doctor ran into the room. Tommy didn't recognize him. He had a neon orange lab coat, and Tommy internally rolled his eyes, why didn't anyone here wear the normal white coat?

He also wore these cool glasses, kinda like Jack's. Tommy frowned at the thought.

"Hey, you shouldn't be getting up!" the doctor said worriedly, but Tommy shook his head.

"I'm bored of sitting," he said blatantly. Tommy didn't even bother being friendly, why trust more people? That just gives you more people to betray your trust.

"Uh.. well it really isn't recommende-"

"No no, I think I'm fine, thank you" Tommy smiled, before standing up from the bed.