story telling

TW ~ Eating Disorder, Child Neglect, Flashbacks, Needles, Mentions of Blood - omg i haven't proof read this chapter

Tommy's POV:

When Dream and Tommy were reunited, even the scariest of demons felt their heart warm. They'd known how miserable their king had been, although he tried not to show it.

"Let's go inside" Dream whispered, looking at the side views of the demons.

Tommy nodded, without opening his eyes. He wanted to just fall asleep and stay in his first brother's hands for the rest of his life.

The shadow also followed, and Tommy felt bad for giving him such a short hug, such a short hi, since the shadow supported him from the start, for an entire year.

Welp, he was too lazy to move.

When they went inside, Tommy's eyes widened. He'd never been in a castle before.

"Woah"

"Yeah Woah!" Dream smiled. Dream opened a door to a passage, and took Tommy through a series of pathways, before arriving at a room. He opened the door and gasped. It looked just like his room back on Earth, the one he shared with the witch before.

Dream smiled sheepishly. 

"I had this room made for you... I mean... like, I always hoped you'd somehow come here, even as a ghost or something, I just wished... so I set up... yeah," Dream spoke in broken sentences, and the thought warmed Tommy's heart.

But his heart also ached. 

There was this one thought, running through his brain. It was painful. All he could think about was that one thought. It used to be in the back of his mind since he'd woken up in Dream's house, back after the fight he lost.

"Hey Dream?" Tommy asked. He couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Yeah, bud?" Dream asked, putting him carefully down on the bed. The guy just got his little brother back, so excuse him for treating Tommy as if he was glass.

"Why does everyone meet me and instantly hate me?" he asked Dream, trying extremely hard to hide his tears.

"Tommy... what... what do you mean everyone?" Dream asked worried, hopping onto Tommy's bed. Dream still couldn't believe Tommy was in front of him, but slowly, he realized it made sense. How Tommy's body disappeared, how Big Q always changed the topic when Dream brought up Tommy's death.

"Everyone, when they first met me, or maybe not even first, people, they just don't like me. I used to think that everyone in the world was just mean, but what if they arent? What if I'm the problem?" Tommy whispered, dead serious.

Dream went silent for a second, before pulling Tommy into a tight hug.

"You are not the problem, Tommy, people are just stupid. I was stupid. What the fuck happened on Earth that's making you think this?" Dream asked, shaking slightly. Tommy couldn't tell whether it was anger or sadness.

"No, but really, I must be the problem. The people I met on Earth were the kindest souls ever, I was the reason they would always-" Tommy's voice broke, and Dream wrapped him in another hug.

When Tommy stopped talking, the room went silent, Tommy's sobs muffled into Dream's suit.

"Well now your king clothes are wet" he whispered, trembling.

"Don't worry about it, Tommy. But hey, you know what always helps me? Talking! How about this, I tell a story to you about my past, and you tell me one of yours?" Dream asked, with fake enthusiasm in his eyes.